Foxing with Shotguns, following the Combines.

Good end result but a quicker follow up shot was needed or bigger shells, also as above its not a dig but when it's dragging it's arse around like it's on fire it's safe to say that is all the fuel the antis need to rip your footage to bit i would

Just the clean ones atb rich

Edited by TWOTWOTHREE

I guess this goes on, using the wrong tool at the wrong time and distance, best not to post botched bad shooting on here mate, only post the humane stuff. Thumbs down from me to your pal, sorry just the way it is.

I stopped using BB for fox a few years back for exactly the same result as this. The pattern is almost non existant beyond 25 yards. I have seen the pattern land all around a stationary fox only for it to scoot off untouched. The 3 1/2" magnum loads may make up a bit but I would stick to number 3 shot in as big a load as you or your gun can handle. Save the BB for what its best at, injured quarry close up, in cover.

I stopped using BB for fox a few years back for exactly the same result as this. The pattern is almost non existant beyond 25 yards. I have seen the pattern land all around a stationary fox only for it to scoot off untouched. The 3 1/2" magnum loads may make up a bit but I would stick to number 3 shot in as big a load as you or your gun can handle. Save the BB for what its best at, injured quarry close up, in cover.

what choke you useing please?

AAA OR SSG if your not skilled enough to take headshots!

I never shoot foxes in the head with a shotgun, they take some shot if shot in the head. I always go for the engine room with 3 1/2" winchester xxx number 1's. Although it's getting difficult to get hold of them now i managed to get 3 boxes of ten for a quid a cartridge last week. The express 42gr 1's or 3's are also very good. As already mentioned the BB's just don't carry enough shot resulting in a very poor pattern in most guns.

what choke you useing please?

3/4 and full

never saw the vid but id say it is great proof that hunting is far humane than shooting full stop and they ban hunting believe me folks shooting foxes will soon be on there list to ban a fox will suffer a lot longer than it would with the dog

Thank you for the positive comments, glad I'm getting some of it right! as for the negative comments I hope this explains in a bit more detail.

As I had stated in the original post, I don't like BB either because of the poor patterning but he's always found them ok to use, 9/10 times stopping the fox dead instantly, I just happened to film the odd one out. I'll try better next time! :duh:

Also he had to wait for the combine to turn before running in for the follow-up shot, Once they take the headland down they then just randomly cut through and turn back on themselves. I'm sure theirs good reasons for the directions they go .... I just don't know them!!! :laugh: So for safety it's best to let them commit to a direction when their that close....

The reason I couldn't take the dog along is the farm manager doesn't like loose dogs in the field running quarry that might turn back into the crop, therefore stopping the harvest until the dog appears again. Although it makes sense doesn't mean you have to like the decision!!!

Hope this explains a bit more.