a jay came a calling

i went to hexham [northumberland] last night after my tea to visit a mate with a rather large garden ,he said a few bunnies were messing his lawn up .so off i went with the trusty rapid and on arrival the first thing i see is a mixy rabbit on his drive way[i hate this horrible desease],after a quick cuppa and a chat i walked round his garden and only got one opportunity on a rabbit about 30yds away ,i raised the rifle gave it a squeak as it had its back to me and as it sat upright i dropped the bugger with a lovely head shot,just as im about to walk to iti heard the racket off a couple of jays so i hid myself in his borders shrubbery and lo and behold a jay landed a foot away from the dead rabbit so as quick as i could i placed the cross hairs on it and killed it stone dead the rest flew away squaking their disapproval .well lads/lasses that was it for the rest of the night but i will pop back up another day/night

post-57910-0-13415400-1311361432_thumb.jpg

Edited by ftm

well lads /lasses up here in north east we have plenty jays,and if you didnt know this a jay robs as many songbirds nests as a magpie ,and i bet you all shoot magpies so im happy to shoot one when i get the opportunity as they are very hard to shoot with an air rifle, sorry if it offends you but vermin is vermin in my eyes and i love my song birds .atb billy

well lads /lasses up here in north east we have plenty jays,and if you didnt know this a jay robs as many songbirds nests as a magpie ,and i bet you all shoot magpies so im happy to shoot one when i get the opportunity as they are very hard to shoot with an air rifle, sorry if it offends you but vermin is vermin in my eyes and i love my song birds .atb billy

well said. :thumbs:

Bass flies? What the hell fly rod has enough test curve to take a bass? I had a 3lb bass yank my damned beachcaster out of the angle iron rod rest and tow it down the beach! One hell of a fly rod to survive a Bass take!

Hi Mike.

The next time you fish, make sure your reel, Multiplier or fixed spool has the drag/ratchet set to allow for a take, without loosing your rod :laugh:

As for the Bass fly rod, I use a Scierra Blue Water 9' line wieght 9, also a Bloke Bass Special custom built by Justin Anwyl, again, 9' and 8/9 line wieght.

Both rods are very capable of handling a good bass, no problem.

Used to use both from a sit on top Kayak before my back got too bad, and that was hellish fun, if only Mackerel grew to 5lb a? :laugh:

Bill.