pre ban or when it wsa legal anyone ever dig otters

anybody ever dig an otter wat they like i heard they are severe as f**k. just curious thats all people yhanks

if you can id get a copy of country mischief by colin didriksen as there is a good story on hunting them in there :thumbs:

Dug 1 many years ago,and also bolted 1,have'nt came across 1 to ground since.They are a very strong animal to ground,stronger than fox but not on the same level as badger.They bolt pretty easy im told if they get the chance,lovely animal to watch in the river,very inquisitive and playfull.

Dug 1 many years ago,and also bolted 1,have'nt came across 1 to ground since.They are a very strong animal to ground,stronger than fox but not on the same level as badger.They bolt pretty easy im told if they get the chance,lovely animal to watch in the river,very inquisitive and playfull.

fair play fat man. would love to see one been worked [bANNED TEXT] legal.lovelly to see one in wild

saw one bolt from a largish artificial nr a river...hounds waffled over the spot so a steady terrier was entered ,spoke twice and out flew an otter to the amazement of one and all.headed for the river "exocet like" non the worse for his experience :icon_redface

ps im glad to see them making a good strong comeback too...beautiful animals !

Edited by diggory

Some old ladys who live over from us buy are local brook, there dad was the whip for the otter hounds way back said they took some dealing with when pushed!

it took a good terrier to work one..

i have tarka the otter video.. :whistling: seriously though ..they look strong can u imagine watching them hunted ..musthave been amazing to see :thumbs: ..but they are lovely to see in wild i bet my uncles dad was a fisherman called dick walker and he has some great pics he took of otters whist out fishing really beautifull.. :thumbs:

Some old ladys who live over from us buy are local brook, there dad was the whip for the otter hounds way back said they took some dealing with when pushed!

i have tarka the otter video.. :whistling: seriously though ..they look strong can u imagine watching them hunted ..musthave been amazing to see :thumbs: ..but they are lovely to see in wild i bet my uncles dad was a fisherman called dick walker and he has some great pics he took of otters whist out fishing really beautifull.. :thumbs:

i had a chicken tarka last night, like a chicken tikka but a little otter :laugh: ill get my coat :doh:

i had a chicken tarka last night, like a chicken tikka but a little otter :laugh: ill get my coat :doh:

ahh was a bit funny that :D