• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is as simple as this - if you think they are too expensive and don't see the point in them, then don't buy them. After all no one has made it mandatory to buy them. I find lots of things in life an

I dye my ferrets purple, it makes them work so much harder,I've never had to dig to one since dying them purple and they bring the rabbits out already gutted.. the only problem is sometimes I get them mixed up because there all purple..

I dye my ferrets purple, it makes them work so much harder,I've never had to dig to one since dying them purple and they bring the rabbits out already gutted.. the only problem is sometimes I get them mixed up because there all purple..

Tut tut tut you always get one. People prefer different ones due to their own experiences. Some are just more experienced than other lol .

Tut tut tut you always get one. People prefer different ones due to their own experiences. Some are just more experienced than other lol .

Im sorry but colour really doesnt matter to me, I have 2 albinos, a sandy and a polecat, the albinos are only 9 weeks so dont know how they will work yet but the other 2 are great workers. If they were silver, albinos..dyed purple.. Or whatever other colour they could be.. they would still be great workers, and about being able to see the ferret... How bad must your eyesight be to not see something moving around on the floor, even in thick bush i still manage. I dunno how some of you guys do it, but once the ferrets down I stand and watch the holes until either a rabbit or ferret comes out, I've never once had to go looking for my ferret and never once thought "I wish i had another colour ferret!"...

Some people need to lighten up:thumbdown:

Im sorry but colour really doesnt matter to me, I have 2 albinos, a sandy and a polecat, the albinos are only 9 weeks so dont know how they will work yet but the other 2 are great workers. If they were silver, albinos..dyed purple.. Or whatever other colour they could be.. they would still be great workers, and about being able to see the ferret... How bad must your eyesight be to not see something moving around on the floor, even in thick bush i still manage. I dunno how some of you guys do it, but once the ferrets down I stand and watch the holes until either a rabbit or ferret comes out, I've never once had to go looking for my ferret and never once thought "I wish i had another colour ferret!"...

Some people need to lighten up:thumbdown:

I have had ferrets for about 30 + years. The European polecat cross is defiantly differently than the domesticated ferret in a few ways. Get one and try for yourself. I use White for ferreting at night so that I can see them. In the day I use any of them. Also I use the hob probably more than a Jill. Killing down is done for many reasons mainly being too noisy around the set, rabbits at a stop end, ferreting when young rabbits are about.

maybe this question needs answering from a different point of view,let's assume the ferrets are kits so havn't ever worked,which colour do people choose then,and why?

i personally prefer polecat coloured ferrets(hobs),but would and have taken whatever i could get... :victory:

The European polecat cross is defiantly differently than the domesticated ferret in a few ways. Get one and try for yourself.

Different in which way? The domesticated ferret is an animal bred to do a specific job, and most bred from working stock will do it well. I can't see how any serious ferreter would want anything different to a good working ferret. My uncle kept pure polecats & their crosses when I was a kid for a while, he soon went back to normal ferrets..

These so called EU polecats are nothing more than the latest must have fad. Last few years it's been BEW's & silvers, now they're not so rare and not worth as much, these 'EU polecats' have appeared. In a few years time they'll be everywhere, going for a tenner & the next big in thing will appear.. :yes:

The European polecat cross is defiantly differently than the domesticated ferret in a few ways. Get one and try for yourself.

Different in which way? The domesticated ferret is an animal bred to do a specific job, and most bred from working stock will do it well. I can't see how any serious ferreter would want anything different to a good working ferret. My uncle kept pure polecats & their crosses when I was a kid for a while, he soon went back to normal ferrets..

These so called EU polecats are nothing more than the latest must have fad. Last few years it's been BEW's & silvers, now they're not so rare and not worth as much, these 'EU polecats' have appeared. In a few years time they'll be everywhere, going for a tenner & the next big in thing will appear.. :yes:

That's life I'm afraid (supply n demand) lol. If your uncle had them for years, then you know the difference.

maybe this question needs answering from a different point of view,let's assume the ferrets are kits so havn't ever worked,which colour do people choose then,and why?

i personally prefer polecat coloured ferrets(hobs),but would and have taken whatever i could get... :victory:

A bit better. I genreally dont favour any colour to be honest though, i mean some do look nice, albinos/bew always look furrier and more gentle than the rest, polecats always look more wild.. in my opinion.

also.. Malt :thumbs:

lookin forward to this "EU polecat" thing to calm down a bit.

on another note.. one of my ferrets actually changed colour recently.. as daft as that sounds. I have 2 1yr old hobs and 2 8/9 week jills but the 2 hobs were very different in colour before.. now i get them mixed up..the lightest ones legs got alot darker, his tail is darker and his fur has a grey tint to it now.. its only because one has a band across its eyes im able to tell the difference.. is this just maturety kicking in or is it something to do with the season?