air arms s510

hey guys and girls. saw the new s510 TC today down the gun shop and was wondering what everyone thought of it? just cant work out why it has 2 cylinders undernieth it :hmm: surely it would have been better to just equip 1 large one! :yes:

let me know what ya think anyway.

Edited by chris k

Sorry I disagree, The reviews for the new 510 are great. Lets be honest the Rapid series and a few other manufacturers have been putting out these really ugly big cc tank on rifles for some time now. I have had a few myself and it took me quite some time to get used to these ugly beasts. That said from a purely functional point the Rapid 7`s I`ve had were excellent as was the Daystate Air Ranger.

The AA rifles and I`ve owned every model except the S510 were superb value for money, again functionally perfect

but with the down side of shot count, unless you were going into the Extra series with the longer tube. This though was difficult to get unless you had an FAC. This gave the rifle a rather long length and a shroud was used instead off a silencer.

The new 510 is a very attractive rifle easy on the eye with all the lines of a well balanced side by side. Its different and I predict it will become another number 1 seller for AA, though it`ll take a few years to get their.

The S410 was the best selling Air Rifle in the UK for years. The new model increases the shot count and keeps its looks giving the ugly front tank guns some competition and by the way, I have never owned a front tank gun that was worth the money I paid for it or the damned price charged for the magazines, I sent to USA for magazines for a different gun which also fitted mine and paid $50 for three 10 shot mags here its £50 for 1 x 12 shot. Rip Off!

This is my opinion only! after 30 years in the field.

Sorry Bud, There's no comparison My Rapid wipes the Floor in the Looks department with the 510, Air Arms should just have made a Buddy bottle version on the 410,

The 510 looks to Shotgun like with Twin air tanks underneath.

Here's a pick of my Rapid to Compare,

post-52570-0-79220000-1311495403_thumb.jpg

regards Dazdiablo.gif

Mary has not been firing it, she is recovering from wrist surgery (damage to carpal tunnel in the car crash she had in January). She is intending to get out with it shortly so we will keep you updated. We are working on another addition to the shooting collection, when we get it we will put it all up on here....

Saw the AAS510 double barrelled version at the CLA games fair.. must say that It does look like a shotgun with a barrel on top... can't imagine what would be going through a farmers head if he glanced you pull that out of a gun slip stating it was an air rifle :angel:.

Would be interesting to see a buddy bottled aas410/510 as said.

Look at the stock on this beauty :D

265886_218912361486242_100001024394063_671638_3399028_o1.jpg

Edited by Rommels