Stopped last night by the police.

was jogging my lurcher on the road not a relly busy road and it was not dark, at 8 ish. there is a marked cycle lane on the road the lurcher was trotting between the bike and the kerb.

angry officer stops me in a car. shouts take that dog of the road, I replied in the same tone what for ?

well for a start He says, recklease cycling or not having a dog under controll.

I said shes on a lead (under controll) and was running with a lose lead (ie not being dragged or forced). then a women p.c says if she (lurcher) got spoked she could pull me in the road into traffic, I replied its no diffrent to a horse and trap on a road?!

Where they with in the law to tell me to stop excersising the dog?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i dont know how you stand but i think its more of a case of a male copper showing off in front of a female copper. they most probably would of nicked you if they could.   should try mugging people

who the fcuk are the gavvers to talk about dogs when one of there own leaves police dogs in a car to die in the heat (same officer TWICE) tossers i will still be running my dog like that !

so what was the outcome?? did you carry on ??? or did you do as you were told?

well after the normal bit about telling them how much money there constab wastes on helicopters for hare coursing I walked back home dog and bike in each hand! untill I get some advice from the good people on t.h.l and then if I know im in the write ill be back out.

well after the normal bit about telling them how much money there constab wastes on helicopters for hare coursing I walked back home dog and bike in each hand! untill I get some advice from the good people on t.h.l and then if I know im in the write ill be back out.

I do it pal never bin stopped of pigs for doin it tho and ive drove past loads of them so i think they mite have just bin c**ts! But most are :laugh:

Oh well, may be a spot of jogging will do you good :laugh:

Oh well, may be a spot of jogging will do you good :laugh:

do me good too itcould be on the cards lee!

To be honest I ant mad on road work to get lurchers fit nothing better than work but untill september ill do a bit.

The bold prick who pulled me said he likes dogs better than people and he didnt want to see her run over, which I replied nor do I want to get my dog run over!

al say one thing if your are on a busy road keep your witts about you,my f****r nearly pulled me under a car just last week when some dick came speedin past,thourt i was a gonner :icon_eek:

Stopped last night by the police.

was jogging my lurcher on the road not a relly busy road and it was not dark, at 8 ish. there is a marked cycle lane on the road the lurcher was trotting between the bike and the kerb.

angry officer stops me in a car. shouts take that dog of the road, I replied in the same tone what for ?

well for a start He says, recklease cycling or not having a dog under controll.

I said shes on a lead (under controll) and was running with a lose lead (ie not being dragged or forced). then a women p.c says if she (lurcher) got spoked she could pull me in the road into traffic, I replied its no diffrent to a horse and trap on a road?!

Where they with in the law to tell me to stop excersising the dog?

i dont know how you stand but i think its more of a case of a male copper showing off in front of a female copper. they most probably would of nicked you if they could.

should try mugging people in the future they wont hassle you if they think your slightly dangerous. :thumbs: WANKERS got feck all better to do.

• Like 4

I ride all the time on the road with my dog, never had any bother...They once stopped me for riding on the pavement though :laugh:

I use a home made springer device but it's not really safe on it's own. I'd advise that you have two leads, one from the springer and one from the front of the bike around the head tube area, it gives you much better control and keeps the dog close beside you at all times, it can't go around the bike into the path of traffic. I always use a harness too. ManMat harnesses are perfect as they have two rings, one at the front and one at the rear, one for each lead.

don,t what the correct law is but fcuk them they trying 2 stop us from walking ,riding with dogs ,when them beast[horses] are loose on the road all the time ,can remember before police horse shit all over a street path so i said i you not clean it that up it was my dog they be hell on plus a fine ,things like realy boil my piss ,right rant over