Conwy Valley Fox hound - Terrier & Lurcher Show

Guest earthdogfinder

Well what can be said regarding the Conwy Valley Fox Hound Terrier and Lurcher show today 10/07/11 !! , in fairness i cannot really comment much on the Lurcher side of the show as I took no part and only the terrier side of the show interested myself - as a supporter of the hunt - or any hunt and as a terrierman . BUT as the day unfolded I was reliably informed the judge whom judged - most of the terriers was IN NO WAY a terrierman and only picked the full blown show pony ( for gods sake this was a hunt show which should promote and encourage the working terrier ,especially in this type of theatre ) .

I believe the judge was a Mr B Wylde - whom seemed to have a partner in the show ring with his tribe of non working show ponies which won 1st prize after 1st prize after 1st prize after 1st prize etc etc , this went on for I dont no how many sections of the show - sometimes showing multiple dogs in each section paraded by other people to attempt to indicate if they won it wasnt MR T Kettle,s terrier again , but those in the know knew much better .

Any DECENT genuine working terrierman should boycott this show in future - if this crufts type show judge and his best mate reappear here again ( check beforehand )

The entered terrier winner/judging wasnt much better , while i,d give " ken " one out of two for the winning entered terrier ( because it was a worker ) - i,d be very surprised if a silverback gorilla could have spanned this dog which may well have had trouble getting through the entrance of a bears cave , almost certainly alot of staffy in this black type .

Come on lads - we can do better than this surely ?

I bred the winner of the entered class 16th bull if thats alot

You moaning C@NT

• Like 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THE CONWY VALLEY HUNT SUPPORTERS CLUB RUN THIS SHOW TO RAISE FUNDS FOR THE RUNNING OF THE PACK IT BEGGERS BELIEF THAT A SO CALLED TERRIERMAN AND HUNT SUPPORTER WOULD CALL FOR THE BOYCOT OF

Shows are for showing smart working type dogs not for dogs with no chins which seem to be paraded round these days, and half the dogs that go in the ring smashed up have only bin hole ended anyway, so

-- next year stay at home and send your donations through the post to any shows you would normally attend you dont seem to be a fan of them so dont go --- tony van load kettle is and as been well know

Posted Images

:laugh:

Well what can be said regarding the Conwy Valley Fox Hound Terrier and Lurcher show today 10/07/11 !! , in fairness i cannot really comment much on the Lurcher side of the show as I took no part and only the terrier side of the show interested myself - as a supporter of the hunt - or any hunt and as a terrierman . BUT as the day unfolded I was reliably informed the judge whom judged - most of the terriers was IN NO WAY a terrierman and only picked the full blown show pony ( for gods sake this was a hunt show which should promote and encourage the working terrier ,especially in this type of theatre ) .

I believe the judge was a Mr B Wylde - whom seemed to have a partner in the show ring with his tribe of non working show ponies which won 1st prize after 1st prize after 1st prize after 1st prize etc etc , this went on for I dont no how many sections of the show - sometimes showing multiple dogs in each section paraded by other people to attempt to indicate if they won it wasnt MR T Kettle,s terrier again , but those in the know knew much better .

Any DECENT genuine working terrierman should boycott this show in future - if this crufts type show judge and his best mate reappear here again ( check beforehand )

The entered terrier winner/judging wasnt much better , while i,d give " ken " one out of two for the winning entered terrier ( because it was a worker ) - i,d be very surprised if a silverback gorilla could have spanned this dog which may well have had trouble getting through the entrance of a bears cave , almost certainly alot of staffy in this black type .

You moaning C@NT

:laugh::laugh: CHRISTIAN he's a true terrierman what would he not know

You moaning C@NT

are you in for a share on the prize :laugh:

You moaning C@NT

Hope so what was it :thumbs:

You moaning C@NT

bellman and flint

You moaning C@NT

bellman and flint

Well how we going to split that

He may as well give it to me :thumbs:

You moaning C@NT

bellman and flint

THEY WAY THE DOG LOOKS MATE HE NEEDS IT MORE THAN YOU DO :laugh:

• Like 1

You moaning C@NT

bellman and flint

THEY WAY THE DOG LOOKS MATE HE NEEDS IT MORE THAN YOU DO :laugh:

:haha:

THE CONWY VALLEY HUNT SUPPORTERS CLUB RUN THIS SHOW

TO RAISE FUNDS FOR THE RUNNING OF THE PACK IT BEGGERS BELIEF

THAT A SO CALLED TERRIERMAN AND HUNT SUPPORTER WOULD CALL FOR

THE BOYCOT OF A HUNT TERRIER SHOW , THE CONWY VALLEY TAKE THE APPOINTMENT

OF ITS TERRIER JUDGES VERY SERIOUSLY THE JUDGES ON SUNDAY

MR NEIL STOBART 35+ YEARS EXPERIENCE NORTH EAST

MR BARRY WILD 45+ YEARS EXPERIENCE LANCS

MR GEORGE HARDY 45+ YEARS EXPERIENCE WALES

MR KEN GOULD 50+ YEARS EXPERIENCE EAST MIDDS

NO WORKING TERRIER JUDGE NO MATTER HOW MANY YEARS UNDER HIS BELT CAN JUDGE A TERRIERS WORKING ABLITY IN A SHOW RING , ALL THEY CAN DO IS JUDGE ITS SUITIBILTY TO CARRY OUT THE TASK AND ON THE DAY

JUDGE THE TERRIERS PUT IN FRONT OF THEM, AND IN THEIR OPINION JUDGE TO THAT STANDED , IT IS THEIR AND ONLY THIER OPINION ON THE DAY , THE SPONCER OF THE CHAMPION BEST ENTERED TERRIER WAS RINGSIDE AND STATED ALL THE TERRIERS IN THERE COULD HAVE WON BUT WAS PLEASED WITH KEN GOULDS DESISION , IT SEEMS THE AUTHOR OF THIS THRED IS NOT HAPPY WITH THE OUT COME AND FEELS A LOT OF RESENMENT TOWARDS THE CONWY VALLEY , WE WILL BE RUNNING A SHOW NEXT YEAR PLEASE FIGHT THE URGE TO ATTEND ALL THE BEST :thumbs: GTE

I have no resentment at all regarding the conwy valley , BUT as i stated in my original thread relating to this it appeared that mr wild almost endlessly picked mr t kettle,s entries , and many many many terriermen whom attended stated mr wild is Not a terrierman and is mr t kettles best mate - coincidance ?, i dont think he should be judging working terriers at am far from alone in this thinking , in fact quite sometime ago he stated to someone whom i know who had a very well worked terrier - showing all the signs of hard work - while in the ring he said its people like you that give the show seen a bad name , well thats is absolutely terrible from a so called judge in a working terrier show !!

I enjoyed the show and the craic plenty of decent dogs their but its is true barry once said a terrier show is a beauty contest and a well worked and marked up terrier is what give the show seen a bad name so maybe he is not the right man to ever judge a hunt or working terrier show and should f**k off to cruffs but lets not take away that the show was a well supported and put together affair and i will be their next year :thumbs:

i enjoyed the show i always do its a show and its there for a bit of fun , win or loose if you dont like the judge or the decision dont spend your quid ...well done every one well done to the winners great day / weather / and craic..

I would like to add barry wild maybe not digging any

More but certain did a lot once over he use to dig a fair bit with dr I've heard some funny story's about him and his flitch ken Gould more a breeder of decent dogs some the main foundation of a lot of

Modern day blacks but without causing offence with only one arm digging seriously I struggle to believe it I have been told he was more of a nuisance getting in he way but fair play he use to try but results speak a thousand words and his dogs once over and still are doing the business I also hear he is on with breeding some more proper blacks to show the taffys a decent terrier Lol

THE ADMIRAL LORD NELSON ONLY HAD ONE ARM AND ONE EYE :hmm: GOULDY MORE TO THE OLD FELLA

THAN MANY WILL EVER KNOW ;)

:thumbs: and yes one armed he did dig .............