wheaten terrier x staff ???

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's another dog from the same era....Oscar...bred from Barney....a staff English bull cross to a blue Wheaten bitch. He proved dead game too, having lost his life underground after being sold to En

This was the sire aged about 9 in the photo......Red,....... a son of Pinkies old Rommel dog. Just a regular staff bred from k.c. stuff in the 70's. Don't have a pic of his dam Dusty.    

Since I'm the man who bred Grip I think it appropriate that I answer the question about why would we breed this cross. At that time, nearly 30 years ago, there were very few pits available over here a

Posted Images

If you read back through the thread dean you'll see that there was no "need" to outcross. I did it because I owned both parents and they both did their job. There was no intent on "improving" either breed, just a wish to get more dogs that would also be good workers. I didn't even keep one for myself. The four pups were given free to friends who all worked their dogs.

And the crosses certainly have more staying power than the pure wheaten. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Wheatens have been bred to do the job quick that why at the trails they were timed and the quicker the job was done the better ,but if you have two dogs that do the job well why not breed them together not matter what breed they are sure every full bred dog was originally a cross bred

• Like 1