Dave Platts dogs

thanks skycat for your comments quite a few other.s said the same.i know theres quite a few on this site that think you cant catch longears on the big land without sauki hybred but she caught plenty up there as you know and 3 out of 3 quite a few times see you on the 20th j.

in jan ,wet ground,on seed not plough ? DONT THINK SO !!! Why are you still not running one !!???

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stubblebasher i dont lie that bitch caught plenty of hares dead of winter all given fair law in front of plenty of witnesses on big land and small land whether you believe that is up to you .but th

a deerhound or a deerhound cross can sometimes take 2 years to mature and start to show interest in working ...... a good question to ask yourself is have you the time and patience to wait that long ?

Probably can take some deerhound crosses to mature up to two years, especially some males, but this certainly dosnt mean they dont start to work till that age, Ive had a couple of first crossers, a bi

stubblebasher i dont lie that bitch caught plenty of hares dead of winter all given fair law in front of plenty of witnesses on big land and small land whether you believe that is up to you .but theres a few on here seen her do it .when i had her i was into lamping and mouching abpout as well as the coursing where as now i only do the one thing so only keep the one type .what is it about certain people that think only saluki crosses can catch long ears there was plenty getting caught 30 and 40 years ago before the saluki was so popular .i love all running dogs and can see the merits in all the differant crosses . and one other thing she could and did catch them on plough and seed from start to end of season.

• Like 2

Daves dogs are tested all over the world they are taking coyote in america and from kangaroo to wild boar in australia.

Hes recently sent one to florida where they are entered on fox before moving onto coyote, sounds to me like its the place to be!!

Over there they tend use reverse 3/4s and 1/2 crosses but what im getting at is that they are being tested thoroughly.

After useing mike browns whippet 21" glen strike while the irons hot over my 27" 3/4 greyhound 1/4 deerhound I have a litter of cracking pups which have been bred for my own use. 019.jpg

030.jpg

These pups are 1/2 whippet 3/8 greyhound 1/8 deerhound.

I have 3 dogs and 3 bitchs broken and smooth coated to sell if anybody is interested pm me.