First X collie Greyhound Puppy

strong looking pup atb with him did you get him from hancocks.

Yeah mate got him from Hancock - he's the 4th I've had from him in the last 25 years... :thumbs:

Thinking of getting a hancock cross as my first lurcher around september time. Heading down to visit first. Any advice you could share with me regrding sires and cross ect. You sound sensible. Found this site contains a lot of idiots. Thanks

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had a bitch ,years ago out of a dog called richard jones , she was a good bitch cought plenty of stuff. good luck ;)

Cheers Riohog - I had a Richard Jones dog in the 80s - first class dog. He did the lot - sadly broke his leg badly and had him put down when he was 5 years old just about his prime.

i also had a pup by richard jones beardie x border and out of old sally one of his first greyhound broods very intelligent and superb jumper would jump anything started catching rabbits very young but by 2yr old was picking her runs and became very picky in fact to picky for me although she was a very well trained bitch i ended up giving her to my mate who thought she was magic . he bred her. and her pups were also very intelligent and easy to train and enter .

on the lamp when dog runing out of beam still see him plus dog way out of the beam turning and you have lost what had in the beam still see him been out wit loads of lads that use this. no more trade secrets

Sorry not a trade secret, as soon as a rabbit or anything else catches a glimpse of the reflection they bolt like crazy. Good job for your dog catching when your dog is high viz to the rabbits :thumbs: Maybe you should go to specsavers or get a merle :whistling:

For what I do I like a dog that's hard to see. I think merles and brindles are harder to see than solid black dogs myself. Plus the merles are pretty :icon_redface:

And fawns & blues mate are harder to see at night :thumbs:

and a white dog is great in the snowwhistling.gif