Lamping Rabbits !!

HAHAHA don`t eat the rabbits,, you never know what they`ve been burrowing in,,,,or who !!! hahaha

Lamping just sort of comes to you mate,, practice range estimation, as you WILL get it wrong!!, other than that,,,work your way round the permission,, keep the lamp looking about and shoot what appears in it!!!,, MAKE sure you can identify a rabbit in the lamp,,especially if there may be hares on the permission,, Unlikley in a cemetery!,, Oh,, and watch out for priests!! out dogging! dodgy fuckers! hahaha

ATB

And if you see a penguin in the gloom don't shoot it, it's a nun :thumbs:

If no ones lamped there for a while, you shouldn't have too much of a problem but once they get wise to it, they'll give it legs pretty sharpish. Use the minimum amount of light you can see with, a red filter's not a bad idea espescially if they're a bit lamp shy and as Rake's said, make bloody sure you know exactly what you're shooting at before making the shot. A wounded priest can get very nasty if cornered.... :laugh:

Good luck!!

Cheers :thumbs:

Edited by andyfr1968

Hi all, I just got permision to shoot rabbits in my local cemetery but only at night.

KEEP TO THE PATH ! ! DONT STRAY OFF THE PATH !! & KEEP LOOKIN BEHIND YOU !! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH :no::whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Yeah i wouldn't be doing it alone if i was him :thumbs:

Welcome to the wonderful world of lamping in the cemetery :boogie:

1st thing, Ranging the headstones make great range markers. They also make excellent cover.

2nd thing, go during the day and have a looksee at where the warren entrances are. Check whats left of the flowers, what are the lil beggers eating? Carnations make an excellent bait on mine.

3rd It can be quite earie when you shine a lamp across an area with polished headstones, it's reflected off them across the ground and it looks like the graves opening a door :icon_eek:

4th BE CAREFUL! I've been sooo k'ing close to falling into an open slot :icon_redface: Seriously I had to complain to get the diggers to put something round the holes. Also with the metalwork etc... a glint from a shiny flower holder or name plate in a lamp is all too easy to mistake for a bunnies eye :yes:

5th Use a soft pellet such as AAF's or the FX ones and make sure your insurance is up to date.

What time does the cemetery close? Does it close? The one I shoot in is open 24/7-365 but its very rare I'll have any company beyond 18:00 especially in the winter.

Get dressed up on Halloween the local kids that think its cool to hang around the bone yard and tell ghost stories soon shift and leave you to your duties :angel:

Oh yeah, Rake mentioned NOT eating the bunnies, most are fine but I've come across a fair few that I wouldn't even gut let alone eat :bad:

Finally......

Have fun

Tony

Hi all, I just got permision to shoot rabbits in my local cemetery but only at night.

KEEP TO THE PATH ! ! DONT STRAY OFF THE PATH !! & KEEP LOOKIN BEHIND YOU !! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH :no::whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Yeah i wouldn't be doing it alone if i was him :thumbs:

It's great getting off the path and doing a cemetery on a night by yourself! It is so peaceful. Especially when its foggy or your laid down in the snow and your ears are picking up the sounds of bunnies hopping through the crunchy snow. :icon_eek::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tony

Hi Beastie.

As goul proberbly know,things are a little different in the dead of night.

But, its not as grave as it sounds, keep your spirits up me angel.

Best to use a lamp with a crypt-on bulb, proberbly a 12 vault.

God hunting.

Bill.

Hi Beastie.

As goul proberbly know,things are a little different in the dead of night.

But, its not as grave as it sounds, keep your spirits up me angel.

Best to use a lamp with a crypt-on bulb, proberbly a 12 vault.

God hunting.

Bill.

:)

Thanks for all the great coments.Its open to the public 24/7 also but iv been scoping it out at night for a wile and there dusnt seem to be anyone around after 6 or 7.I'll keep my eyes peeled for priests and nuns lol :icon_eek:

do you mean its DEAD quiet at night

ATB GARY