My Whippet

Guest FTBBTH

Very hard to tell from a photo, and i am no whippet expert but my initial thoughts when i looked at the photo were it was a lurcher of some description not a pure whippet, the head, eyes and face look wrong. As does the general conformity.

Okay so it's a bull/grey/whip on steroids...

Does this detract from the fact that it's a well worked dog in outstanding condition?

I was not commenting on the dogs possible breeding, nor did i comment on its condition :blink:

But since you asked, and are hell bent on proving otherwise. My response to you would be....

You cannot tell if a dog is well worked because of the amount of muscle on it, some dogs are naturally prone to looking well muscled with adequate walks alone. And again, because a dog is well muscled does not automatically mean it is in outstanding condition. Look at human body builders for example, loads of muscle but i bet very few of them could run for a bus without running out of breath ;)

This bitch was about 13mths in this photo, this was the end of August, therefore she did not even have a season work under her belt, just bits and pieces here and there to get her trained/ready yet she looks fit and fit to burst with muscle...all through nothing more than genetics and exercise :yes:

Had this bitch lived, i would guarantee she would have looked a much different dog after a seasons work, probably less muscular, but more hard and lean.

You know more than anyone else here :blink: He's selling pups from a dead young bitch that he'll be breeding later?? :icon_eek: The plot thickens :notworthy:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just out of intrest..what was your other username on here fella?

Not a very inteligent reply... I'll leave it to the members who read this post to make their own minds up who is defending a friend and who is spouting shite, passed to him by an areshole who doesn't

bit of cheap advertising credit to yer feller

Posted Images

I wont get drawn into the arguments FTB but i do agree with you and others, i cannot understand why anyone would NEED to breed every 2 years. If this bitch is good then she could have another 4 yrs work in her yet, and a pup kept from this litter would be available if anything did go wrong. Why he would need to plan to breed every two years is beyond me if it is for work, if it is for money then i am sure the bitch pup he keeps back with fill the void for the alternative 'off 'years' the bitch will have.

i am not the one going to pay 250 for a pup mate think you could do better

£250 ain't alot for a half decent pup surely? There ain't many Saluki Whippets about. Especially out of decent parents (if they are!?).

Lurchers are on here for £175 regularly and sell. An extra 75 notes for a specific cross from good stock ain't gonna kill me.

Of course I could be wrong, they could be shite and his dogs never done a days work. I was just giving the lad benefit of the doubt.

Gaz

250 quid for a good working pup, i paid 150 for my new puppy with good working parents taking teeth and fur, when i looked around the about puppies etc, i seen the price 135-150 come up alot, not 250-300, does seem pricey and as people say alot given away to lads who will work them and care for them free of charge, he's got a lovely whippet there but it seems more of a ploy to drag people into buyinnng

so what's everyone's definition of a whippet (non ped) the general look of it?

God knows if it is a non ped, how long's a piece of string springs to mind, my assumption is, a non ped, is a non ped because it is not a full whippet, if it is a full whippet just without the paperwork then it will look like any other ped whippet :D

Guy seems like a fecking tool, but FTB, you seem a little obsessed.

THLpat- 250-300 is FINE by me, as long as it's a cracking pup, bred from cracking dogs, for the right reasons.

I payed 200 quid for my last pup and i am def happy with that.

so what's everyone's definition of a whippet (non ped) the general look of it?

In my opinion, a "Non-Ped" Whippet is one that runs under BWRA or NNWRF rules and USUALY has a fair bit of Greyhound in its ancestry, sometimes more than 50% !!! They usualy look stronger and fitter than K.C. type Whippets, but not allways.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I must admit when i saw this topic and then the topic of the pups for sale i had to laugh, Its quite sad when folk have to talk there dogs up to sell the pups.

It's also sad when folk accuse you of injecting shite into your dogs because there toned and muscled, i know because folk have accused me of having my dogs on shite because there fit and muscled. What i will tell you is ask anyone who knows me and who's seen my dogs work, theres a couple who's commented on this thread who has done just that and both i'm sure would have any of my dogs in there kennel as i would theres. Thats because we have genuine dogs that have the heart of a lion and give 100% nothing more nothing less.

This is Mojito at 16 months old, light work with medium roadwork.

164590_1787349771931_1485155100_1924207_672029_n.jpg

Vixen @ 30months worked hard mid season never had any supplements etc in her life

IMG_6993CR2-1.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

I must admit when i saw this topic and then the topic of the pups for sale i had to laugh, Its quite sad when folk have to talk there dogs up to sell the pups.

It's also sad when folk accuse you of injecting shite into your dogs because there toned and muscled, i know because folk have accused me of having my dogs on shite because there fit and muscled. What i will tell you is ask anyone who knows me and who's seen my dogs work, theres a couple who's commented on this thread who has done just that and both i'm sure would have any of my dogs in there kennel as i would theres. Thats because we have genuine dogs that have the heart of a lion and give 100% nothing more nothing less.

Vixen @ 30months worked hard mid season never had any supplements etc in her life

IMG_6993CR2-1.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

dogs in top nic :thumbs: credit to you

IMG_6993CR2-1.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

Mr mally, you are a professional 'CUN.T' :yes:

your staged photography, is a joke. :hmm:

for the ladies and gents on here, this f.ucker, is very cruel to his whippets, i wont go into detail, but i have heard, electric gets used from time to time.

make me sick you do. :thumbdown:

IMG_6993CR2-1.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

for the ladies and gents on here, this f.ucker, is very cruel to his whippets, i wont go into detail, but i have heard, electric gets used from time to time.

BULLSHIT !!!! I've stayed at Mallys place many times and had my dogs in his house and kennels and he's stayed at my place and had his dogs in my kennels; and the guy DOTES on his dogs !! They are rubbed down before and after working, their feet washed, etc. He keeps his dogs in EXCELLENT nick !!

IMG_6993CR2-1.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

BULLSHIT !!!! I've stayed at Mallys place many times and had my dogs in his house and kennels and he's stayed at my place and had his dogs in my kennels; and the guy DOTES on his dogs !! They are rubbed down before and after working, their feet washed, etc. He keeps his dogs in EXCELLENT nick !!

Ive also been in Pauls company, decent bloke who loves his dogs, and drove many miles to do my litters dew claws, wouldnt take a penny off me

I've recently found out I have to go to Australia on a family emergency; and three friends off this site phoned me to say they would look after my dogs; Mally was one of them, and I'd have NO hesitation in leaving my dogs with him !!!