Dog Attacked

Barbed wire, after the vet had botched the job and all the skin died off. Twas a mess of epic proportions

DSCF6189.jpg

DSCF6188.jpg

All healed up now tho. She's got a fair decent scar for it and the skin there is obviously thinner now than it was - which is dangerous considering how thin her skin is to begin with.

It took a full 6 MONTHS for the last bit of scab to fall off :icon_eek: But she's right as rain now. Injuries like that can make you feel all a-flutter inside, but rest assured, it'll all be ok in the end.

Irresponsible owners are always to blame if you ask me - not the dog, the owner. Like this tit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2003849/Boy-3-left-horrific-facial-injuries-Labrador-savages-Poole-Harbour.html#ixzz1PWbng2Wr

It was a lab so it must be friendly, right? Wrong! :wallbash:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't listen to people who say that the dog is unlikely to run again: I've seen much worse on my own dogs, and they have healed fine. Obviously the bruising is a concern, and yes, the wound could brea

staff's are on another level excluding apbt's of course. I'm not condoning what the staff did but its what it was bred to do. The fault lies at the handlers feet.

yeah mate that'll do the breeds involved image a world of good plastered on the front of the echo. why even blame the dog?   it should imo be pts but only because most people couldnt care for it pr

Posted Images

a sharpei set about my 2 a week or so ago, as previously said my bitch is muzzled cause i know what shes capable of so couldnt defend herself, i was kinda of thinking i cant do right for me dog here!! my dog saw it off, hes never aggressive dont know if its a dog thing an he knew she couldnt defend herself but they ran away with his mouth around its head, the bloke wanted me to apologise!!! apart from the fact his came to mine and my dog ended up with a tear on his shoulder....bloody paper skin!!!i couldnt believe it...his was clearly the aggressor not mine!!!!GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR x;-)

My brother was walking my oldest dog lewy the whippet near are house, he could see 2 dogs across the road so they both crossed in oppostie directions and my brother started walking my dog ahead then heard the handlers shouting oh no, and there was a staffy going at my whippet, my brother kicked the dog off as much as he could buthe didnt really have much time so put the whippet behind him to protect it my dog was still on the lead and the staffy wudnt give in, eventually it got round my brother and got hold of him for a good 3 seconds rippping into him, whilst the 2 handlers couldnt get across the road but still didnt look keen to interact the shitbags :censored::wallbash: the staffy is known to be dangerous in the sanctuary and they didnt even fit the harness propally never mind thinkin about a mussle, the handlers then tried to argue with my older brother over him using bad language after there dog has jus ripped a chunk out my dog, heres a picture the vet said he should BE OKAY to run etc, but the only worry is is skin dying :/, anyone no how whippets shape up of a tear heres a picture.

post-61206-0-77017300-1308392814_thumb.jpg

Anything to help on how they do, ive been told 2 clean the wound twice a day and antibiotics also twice a day, atb Patrick

jesus :( horrible story, but keep washing the wound as u are and you,ll be surprised how quick it will heal :yes: best of luck ;)

i'd be surprised if that dog ran again pal, some people should not be able to walk staffs.

Whippets are a lot tougher than people think bud,here's mine after a munty slashed her with it's tusk(I wasn't hunting it we were out for a walk)....

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC_0004-6.jpg

And now....

DSC00142-2.jpg

DSC_00150001.jpg

What you do need to make sure is that you massage plenty of 'silgel' into the scar tissue so it makes it supple and allows it to move and stretch,ask the vet for it.Good luck.

Martin

You might look into using some manuka honey dressings if things go a bit pear shaped.

Some info

http://www.manukahoney.co.uk/howtouse.html

http://www.worldofnz.co.uk/index.asp?function=displayproduct&productid=28

You can just buy the honey itself and use that with sterile dressings as well - well worth having some in for first aid imo. if you do use dressings to aid the healing, be careful how often you change it - changing the dressings too often can disturb new cell growth. Once it all goes healthy and pink and starts granulating, leave it alone and let the air at it.

Let us know how you get on :thumbs:

FECKIN HELL ,...... :icon_eek:

I RARELY COME ON THE DOG SECTIONS THESE DAYS AND THIS THREAD HAS JUST REINFORCED MY ORIGINAL OPINIONS ......ITS FULL OF LADS WHO WILL NEVER MAKE DOG MEN AS LONG AS THEY'VE A HOLE IN THEIR ARSE ! :thumbdown:

ANYONE WHO WORKS A DOG WILL GET BAD INJURIES FROM TIME TO TIME . IT GOES HAND IN HAND WITH THE GAME , IVE SEEN SOME THAT WOULD MAKE YER HAIR CURL AND THINK THAT THERES NO WAY A DOG WILL SURVIVE THAT LET ALONE RUN / WORK AGAIN YET THEY DO ....... IVE SEEN HUNDREDS OF RIPS FAR WORSE THEN THE BULL CROSS DID ,.... FROM DOGS GETTING ROLLED 50YARDS DOWN A ROAD UNDERNEATH A WAGON TO HITTING THE EDGE OF A STEEL SHEET AT FULL TILT ......

IT MAKES ME REALLY WONDER EXACTLY HOW HOW MOST OF THE JOKERS ON HERE POSTING ALL THE TIME REALLY KNOW OR HAVE DONE ????????

BUT OF COURSE YOU LOT KNOW THE FITTER A DOG GETS THE THINNER HIS HIDE BECOMES ,.... DIDNT YOU ??????.... YEAH RIGHT :blink:

NO ITS NOT RIGHT TO HAVE A FOOLS DOG BUST INTO YOURS AND THE OWNER DESERVES THE PUNISHMENT ...NOT . THE DOG , THEY ARE ONLY DOING WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN BRED FOR FOR GENERATIONS ,.......SAME AS A LURCHER RUNNING A RABBIT .......

THERE SEEMS TO BE A HUGE LACK OF WORKING DOG KNOWLEDGE AMONGST THE KIDS ON HERE , ITS REALLY SURPRIZING CONSIDERING THE AMOUNT OF INFORMATION FOR A DOG MAN OUT THERE NOW AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET , ..

SOME SEEM TO DELIGHT IN TALKING TRASH TO ALL THAT WILL LISTEN :hmm: INSTEAD OF SITTING BACK AND THINKING ABOUT THE INFORMATION GIVEN

DUCKWING

• Like 3

ive had two run ins with staffy types off the lead in as many weeks. both times i was walking my bigger whippet lurcher. on the lead. :censored: as he is a bugger with strange dogs. the other dogs got the brunt of it these times. so hopefully its a lesson learned for the owners who both was very nice but bissfully innocent to there dogs capabilities :thumbdown: woud have been a different story if it was my smaller dogs. so i count myself lucky :thumbs: good luck with your whippet hope it is up and at em soon