79 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH ONE?

• Straw
    • Shreded paper.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree millet when you feed them plenty of birds, ie woodies crows, etc they do make good bedding out of the feathers...especially with the straw...my old girls had no problems has she...proper pensioner...:D

I use straw in the summer and hay in the winter.

I haven't had any problems with ticks from the hay, only from bunny holes.

Rod :hunter:

I always but down wood shavings (it keeps dry for longer and easier to clean out) but in the winter months I will put a slice of straw loosely over the top as an extra layer and so they can drag as much as they want in to there sleeping boxes.

At summer just the wood shavings and if it happens to get cold or wet I have an old carpet which I can roll down to cover the front of there courts.

wood shavings in the run and a deep pile of shavings in the bed area,a few times during the winter i put in some treated hay from a petshop but they pulled it out into the run so i'm assuming their little nests in the shavings are warm enough.during the summer they'll move any excess shavings into the run also.