As explained, but you don't understand, it's put on the news and front pages to drum up interest in football...

I don't agree with that. Football is a major part of English culture, from the minute a nipper finds his feet most dads will give them a ball to kick about. Football doesn't need any more interest drummed up by exposing some footy stars private life, because the interest will always be there.

Spot on. :yes: All headlines like this are about sustaining the tedious culture of celebrity, nothing to do with sport. :thumbs:

Of course it is mate, celebrity this, Gay that, Dancing old MP's and a bunch of wankers who made shit music 15 years ago in a Jungle.

I f*cking hate everything that is popular these days.

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FFS way way over the top all he is guilty of is having his brains in his pants like 99.9%of guys out there.

Of course its nothing to do with sport....if some total f****n weirdo is interested in what Wayne Rooney or Ryan Giggs does in their spare time then that is about as far removed from sport as anything

Fixed

Posted Images

You can't form an argument if cannot understand what I wrote. I never said papers are making us like football, it's putting it on the front pages to drum more interest in football and gagging orders. All publicity is good publicity, why do you think people are exposed to this?

I reckon you think papers are for news and not for swaying public opinion.

The point about X factor is the same, drawing attention to the program, but I guess you think it's because people like reading about Cheryl Cole.....

It works like this mate....you give money for a product,in this case a newspaper.....you then use that product,in this case you read it....whatever scandal is on the front page of that newspaper is likely to make you buy it......its an advetisement for the NEWSPAPER not for football :doh:

The reality is i prefer to read about sport on the back pages....people like you prefer to read about sport on the front pages.....as this whole thread indicates !....by your own admission you dont even like the game :wallbash:

Edited by gnasher16

Fishing.

As explained, but you don't understand, it's put on the news and front pages to drum up interest in football. Just like the X factor and Cheryl scandal. You are constantly exposed to it and then people then decide they have to watch to see what could happen.

As you quite rightly said people more intelligent than you decide, they are also the same people having their pockets lined, the majority of the population are easily manipulated, like yourself to think that the people demand to know about these scandals.

The media are telling people what to think, what they should hear about, it's always been that way. By exposing Giggs they can also kill off the gagging order and that means more stories and more women selling their stories.

You are a classic media victim. Don't believe what the papers tell you.

If theres a gullible fool its you mate not me,im not the one sitting whingeing about a sportsman and a sport i dont even like !!

So now you will have us believe that we are forced by the media to like football :doh: ....its been our national sport for over a hundred years for f**k sake the last 3 or 4 years of media sensationalism and scandal is a drop in the ocean in terms of time.....

I made a comparison between footballers and songwriters in terms of wages..........the fact that you can make a comparison between football and the f****n X factor in terms of newspaper talk is a perfect example of everything thats wrong with our society !

Im still interested to hear the difference in the size of an amateur goal and a professional goal by the way ? :laugh: and your proof that football scores are predetermined before the kick off ?.....or are you just doing what the papers do and trying to creating scandal :rolleyes:

Like im often told,sometimes you gotta just leave some people to their own ways !.....but i just remind you,this is a thread about a top class footballer and you dont like football.....some stories tell themself ;)

You can't form an argument if cannot understand what I wrote. I never said papers are making us like football, it's putting it on the front pages to drum more interest in football and gagging orders. All publicity is good publicity, why do you think people are exposed to this?

I reckon you think papers are for news and not for swaying public opinion.

The point about X factor is the same, drawing attention to the program, but I guess you think it's because people like reading about Cheryl Cole.....

Seeing Ryan Giggs on the front page of a paper wouldn't make my missus watch any football match let alone a Man Utd one so that sypnosis is flawed mate. :thumbs:

Well it would certainly brings interest to gagging orders, which as I said before.

It may not interest your missus but someone elses maybe.

How many people tuned into watch the moment that John Terry met his teammate on the pitch that he supposely had an affair with his girlfriend even though she says they never had sex? All hits to the screen, which are being sponsered by big companies.

As for buying the paper for the front page, people are habitual buyers of papers, they buy it regularly on the commute to work, they buy the same one not usually changing from one to the other.

Whys that? Because difference papers have different political leanings.

It might not interest my mum or persuade her to watch it, but I can tell you she has heard all about it on the news.

Spot on. :yes: All headlines like this are about sustaining the tedious culture of celebrity, nothing to do with sport. :thumbs:

Of course its nothing to do with sport....if some total f****n weirdo is interested in what Wayne Rooney or Ryan Giggs does in their spare time then that is about as far removed from sport as anything possibly could be....these sad little twats reading about what other people do with their lives might get a lot more out of their own life if they actually did get up and go to watch a bit of sport instead of this nonsensical weird obssession with another adult man they dont even know :blink: very odd,very unhealthy,very jealous.... and plain f****n loons if you ask me.

• Like 2

In my job, i am bound to a contract which states that i am to bring no disrespect to the company in which i am employed,

This also is to do with my private life outside work, i'm not a football fan, the guy by all means is a talented guy,

However, to do what he done on his family, brother, wife, in my book he is pond life, Two timing a loved one by either, male or female actions i don't condone,

If things were bad at home then the couple should of went their seperate ways,

Celebrities are accountable for their actions as much as the general joe soap walking down the street,

SHAME ON HIM THE TWO TIMING SCUMBAG

As explained, but you don't understand, it's put on the news and front pages to drum up interest in football...

I don't agree with that. Football is a major part of English culture, from the minute a nipper finds his feet most dads will give them a ball to kick about. Football doesn't need any more interest drummed up by exposing some footy stars private life, because the interest will always be there.

Of course it is mate, celebrity this, Gay that, Dancing old MP's and a bunch of wankers who made shit music 15 years ago in a Jungle.

I f*cking hate everything that is popular these days.

my thoughts exactly mate :thumbs: