so whats the best dog for a fox and others

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY HI TO EVERY ONE AND THAT IM A TOTAL NOOOOOOOB TO THIS AND WANTING TO START FROM SCRATCH

so ive bought 2 bull greyhounds and i also have a collie grayhound are these dogs going to work well together or will they clash at the sight of a fox etc, i was thinking that the collie bitch would be the speed and the 2 dog bull x would be the muscle, will this work????? and any tips on my forst time out, whats the best way to lamp rabits???? any info would be great THANKS !!

post-62858-0-95162500-1306877359_thumb.jpg

Important Info (UK)

Please note UK Members as of February 2005 hunting with dogs within (England, Scotland & Wales) is banned with the exception of RATS & RABBITS which are still legal quarry. Flushing to gun is still legal using dogs.

Any future posts/topics containing images contravening these laws will be removed by the moderators, unless shown to be dispatched using the correct means..i.e gun.

The main exemptions under the Act are ratting and rabbiting, stalking and flushing out with no more than two dogs, and the use of a dog below ground to protect birds kept for shooting. LINK.

Anyone adding images to the site, will carry the sole responsibility for them. Images showing quarry should only be shown if they are legal within your country of origin OR they were taken in conjunction with a legal method i.e shooting.

As another note images showing quarry in the process of being killed will be moderated, this is not the done thing on a forum open to the world...At a time when government are trying to tighten the laws further on all fieldsports, its all of our duties to show respect for the quarry we hunt and the way we go about our sport..

:tongue2:

chihuahua x great dane x maltese terrier

Don't diss the maltese terrier. I rescued one once with a coat made nearly entirely of its own shite. Once he was shaved and fed up he made a brilliant little ratter. I would get another for my daughter but they are all £1500+ around my way.

Don't diss the maltese terrier. I rescued one once with a coat made nearly entirely of its own shite. Once he was shaved and fed up he made a brilliant little ratter. I would get another for my daughter but they are all £1500+ around my way.

funny enough a couple of my mams miniature longhaired dachshunds were decent ratters, i used ta get the head fecked of me for getting them dirty, never seen a maltese that wasnt a nervy snappy thing though, think you had a rare-un

funny enough a couple of my mams miniature longhaired dachshunds were decent ratters, i used ta get the head fecked of me for getting them dirty, never seen a maltese that wasnt a nervy snappy thing though, think you had a rare-un

I bought mine in South Korea. Was in the corner of the pet shop. I have never seen a dog in such a shit state as he was. Probably different blood to the ones over here as I remember him being a bit stockier than the ones I have seen over here. He probably wasn't even pedigree but he was a game little bugger. I'm sure he would have tried to take down a tiger if he ever saw one.

He actually looked like a decent dog all be it small once I gave him a grade 3 all over.

What we do is lay a carrot in a field net to a brick covered in pepper then when the rabbit comes out for the carrot he sneezes and knocks his brains out on the brick , so you wont need to bull crosses just the collie if it retrieves ??.

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY HI TO EVERY ONE AND THAT IM A TOTAL NOOOOOOOB TO THIS AND WANTING TO START FROM SCRATCH

so ive bought 2 bull greyhounds and i also have a collie grayhound are these dogs going to work well together or will they clash at the sight of a fox etc, i was thinking that the collie bitch would be the speed and the 2 dog bull x would be the muscle, will this work????? and any tips on my forst time out, whats the best way to lamp rabits???? any info would be great THANKS !!

You shoud've bought a whippet mun.

:laugh: :laugh:

If you are Going Lamping.

Make sure its at Night. It Doesn't work so well in the Day. Where the Feck do they Come From.