Theoben Rapid 7 .20??

Hello All,

I am looking at buying the above rifle.

As anyone used a Theoben Rapid 7? what do you think of them? What about .20 caliber, I normally shoot .22 but someone told me .20 is the best of both .177 and .22!

Any thoughts and advice welcome

Thanks

John...

For what it's worth I think we should put the forum back to how it was, back to 2 categories under Air Rifles!

You wont go wrong with that rifle. I've shot .20 cal for years and wouldnt contemplate going back to .22 or .177. The rapid 12/200 is about thw only multishot rifle in that calibre, other than that you'll only get old single shot falcons like mine. I'd snap it up if i were you!

Might be a stupid question am I right in thinking you don't need fac for .20 but you do for .25 cheers kev

No, you're not right at all. It's nothing to do with the calibre; just the muzzle velocity. You need an FAC for anything above 12ft lbs, regardless of it's calibre.

The Rapid is a great rifle, and in .20 you should love it.

As for the .25, most people use them in FAC guise as the larger pellet tends to be heavier, and so much slower in sub 12ft.lb guise, and so has a very pronounced parabolic trajectory. That's not to say that you can't shoot it accurately, but your range estimation and trajectory knowledge have to be that little bit better to get good results at range.

Rapids are built to last mate, Brilliant in any Calibre and outshoot the Shooter, The Carlsberg of Air Rifles.biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

regards Daz.diablo.gif

totally agree with that :yes: i take it your rapid came then daz ;)

atb sneeky ;)

Hi Sneeky,

Should have had it last Friday, Phoned Blackpool airguns and they said it's still not been deliveredwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif, Phil at B.A.R phoned Theoben who said yes the Rifle is finished and has been ready since Thursday ready for Dispatch, Arrrgghhhcensored.gif,

But they have Promised my gun will be the first to be sent out this week !!!!!! Only ordered it on the 28th/02/2011 its June nearly.....whistling.gif

regards Daz.diablo.gif

i personally have never had a rapid thats been any good in .20

177 is good but a rapid in my eyes is best in 22

having said that there is more pellits to choose from now so it could pay off

if you dont try new things once in a while life gets a bit boring

the good thing about a rapid its a 2 min job to change to 22 if your not happy and there is plenty of barrels knocking arround for not much money

hope it works out for you mate :thumbs: rapids are ace guns

atb craig

• 3 weeks later...