making nets

You can make them anytime mate its a good time now out of the ferreting season to make a few

regards how hard or easy it's like anything else practice make perfect you will make a lot of cock ups to start with

but with time its easy and there is no nicer feeling than catching rabbits in nets you made yourself give it a try GOOD LUCK

You can make them anytime mate its a good time now out of the ferreting season to make a few

regards how hard or easy it's like anything else practice make perfect you will make a lot of cock ups to start with

but with time its easy and there is no nicer feeling than catching rabbits in nets you made yourself give it a try GOOD LUCK

thanks for the comment i'll give it a go and see what happens i might like it or i might not like it time will see and i will post if i start making them right

I think its a great idea to make your own nets ,you can make a far better quaility net than you buy and the thrill of catching a rabbit in a net you have made yourself .Plus i make all my nets twenty meshes by four foot where would you ever get that much bagging on a shop bought net ??.

I think its a great idea to make your own nets ,you can make a far better quaility net than you buy and the thrill of catching a rabbit in a net you have made yourself .Plus i make all my nets twenty meshes by four foot where would you ever get that much bagging on a shop bought net ??.

same hear all our nets are made 18 meshes wide by 4ft long made from bright coloured spun poly they work and catch a treat and we dont lose any

i sent off for a net making kit from agouti nets of the internet, and its taken me all weekend to make my first purse net, taking instruction off you tube. the first attempt i didnt double knot and all the knots were loose. i have sussed it now and i am well chuffed. i can recomend making your own , at first i thought i would never be able to suss it out.

hello pal iv been making nets for about 7 months now ill never buy a net again now i know how to make them properly it's definatly worth while learning how to make them you'll make a few mistakes at first but just keep at it pal iv put this link on here for you its a dvd of how to make them http://www.thehuntinglife.com/video/netmaking.wmv if the link does'nt work go to video clips on this web site and look for net making tutoiral by the big fish and rabbiteer this will show you how to make them. good luck :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

got me net making kit last nite tried to make a net but failed 1st attempt (forgot to double it up) kept trying to 11pm then i had to go to bed.

ive got the baseiks for it just it gets real hard when starting the 2nd row.

has anyone got any tips for me please

peace out fucktheban

FTB,

good on you for making your own nets. whats is the problem you are coming up against on the second row? I take it you have finished braiding the first row of loops onto the ring?

Maybe put up a pic to illustrate whats going wrong?

All the best mate,

G