alaunt x's

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some crackin looking dogs there but they aint alaunts cmon lets call a spade a spade theyre bull xs with some mastiff thrown in,you cant just recreate an extinct breed can you?

I do wish you wouldnt go round the houses like that!!

litter mate to the above pup

Posted Images

all belters like nice cross :) i always thourght they were a very heavily built slow running dog but these pictures obv prove otherwise :D belters lads ! well done !

some of the first generation dogs were a bit heavier but most bred out of the zeus dog were alot racier and taller this lad is a first generation CSC_5479.jpgCSC_5736.jpg Edited by lietome
Guest Anubis

some crackin looking dogs there but they aint alaunts cmon lets call a spade a spade theyre bull xs with some mastiff thrown in,you cant just recreate an extinct breed can you?

Alaunt is an old name used to discribe mastiff types which there were many...A bull x would have been classed as the alaunt gentil.

Lets not forget the bull terrier come down from the old baiting bull dogs that come down from the old alaunt mastiff types.

All these dogs are connected genetically just of different types for different jobs.

So yes there just mastiff (Alaunt) crosses or bull x all the same.

Only species can go extinct and dogs are still very common. Meaning the genes are still there to recreate

the heavy hunting dog of old, if thats your bent.

Just my opinion but I see them as a recreation of what the type may have been like.

Iff you want to revive the term ALAUNT to describe them, why not?

Yes in terms of modern "breeds" they are just mastif/bull/grey.

post-18390-0-17845200-1306174828_thumb.jpg

Some cracking pics/dogs again lads

cheers

I saw the dog Zeus running against Lurchers at a couple of shows .... even seen him win a couple of races, not too surprised that an Alaunt Greyhound has the speed .... well done, dogs are a credit to you .... not so keen on the other dog, think its called Little'un ... most evil looking dog I have ever seen

• Like 1