Top jackers

I ve only had 1 jacker a 1/4 bull 3/4 grey it caught a fox then decided to let go and watch the fox run across a big field it went the journey the next day lol. Ive been lucky enough to not bring a jacker up from a pup. Another dog I seen jack was a lads dog off hear caught its quarry and ended up just runnin behind it for about 2 fields barking at it, then in same field other dog got 1 and it came over and start barking again yet he says its a world beater single handed dog... I think not

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only ever had one dog jack, and that was through injury, it took a tumble, checked it over, it seemed fine. Next slip it ran like a labrador and pulled up. Turned out to be torn back muscles. I've had

imo theres nothing funny about a dog jacking,when you brought it up from a pup put all time effot in then jacks is heart breaking knowing you got to start all over again,

"And i think every one will own a couple of jackers and if you dont then you anit pushing your dogs hard enough IMHO"   You really think that? Why do folk always want to push their dogs to breaking

I take it all you lads that think when a dog jacks then its PTS know when your dog is carrying a hidden injury....? Just a question...not an arguement.. :thumbs:

I take it all you lads that think when a dog jacks then its PTS know when your dog is carrying a hidden injury....? Just a question...not an arguement.. :thumbs:

Yes push a dog till it jacks,(otherwise you havnt tested it).Then shoot it. :crazy:

Guest joball

My mate bought a whippet x we took it out with my old dog slipped them both on a big bunny, the old dog stuck to its arse while the whippet x was about a mile behind singing its head of lol, hence why it never got a lift back. But domtworrie he now has one he has raised from a pup and its an even better singer lol but he loves the stupid thing, and makes up all the excuses you can think of for it, diwy

i beleive that after a ceratiain amount a experience/time in dogs (an that will be diffrent for diffrent folk, some are naturals, some never figure shit oot) that you can tell if a dog is trying, it should be even more apparent if you have brought dog on from a pup, but after seeing a dog work a few times, i can generally tell if it wants to run or not when its time to be slipped....

i must add, that if/when a dog a mine jacks, its not geed its p45 there an then, 1st ill ask me self some serious questions....

tho to be fair if i dont know them answers before i work the dog, i shouldnae be in the game lol

but what im trying to say is, if a dog jacks oot the blue, you should have a good idea of why it did, if it was a niggling undetected injury, or just sheer over work, then only a fool would blame the dog, tho if dog starts picking an choosing runs, or just blatant jacking or running half hearted then chances are its never gonna be a good un.....

thats just way i see it

:thumbs:

• Like 2

i beleive that after a ceratiain amount a experience/time in dogs (an that will be diffrent for diffrent folk, some are naturals, some never figure shit oot) that you can tell if a dog is trying, it should be even more apparent if you have brought dog on from a pup, but after seeing a dog work a few times, i can generally tell if it wants to run or not when its time to be slipped....

i must add, that if/when a dog a mine jacks, its not geed its p45 there an then, 1st ill ask me self some serious questions....

tho to be fair if i dont know them answers before i work the dog, i shouldnae be in the game lol

but what im trying to say is, if a dog jacks oot the blue, you should have a good idea of why it did, if it was a niggling undetected injury, or just sheer over work, then only a fool would balme the dog, tho if dog starts picking an choosing runs, or just blatant jacking or running half hearted then chances are its never gonna be a good un.....

thats just way i see it

Nice reply mate.........

The reason i asked as i was brought up around Greyhounds..Often my Dad would, and still does get asked to look after dogs and see if he can get them winning. The amount of dogs he's had that arrive in a terrrible state with hidden injuries is unreal and these dogs would'nt put the effort in on the track but after a few months of good grub and a few visits getting the dog rubbed down and back into shape the difference was incredible..... :thumbs:

• Like 1

but what im trying to say is, if a dog jacks oot the blue, you should have a good idea of why it did, if it was a niggling undetected injury, or just sheer over work, then only a fool would balme the dog, tho if dog starts picking an choosing runs, or just blatant jacking or running half hearted then chances are its never gonna be a good un.....

thats just way i see it

Nice reply mate.........

The reason i asked as i was brought up around Greyhounds..Often my Dad would, and still does get asked to look after dogs and see if he can get them winning. The amount of dogs he's had that arrive in a terrrible state with hidden injuries is unreal and these dogs would'nt put the effort in on the track but after a few months of good grub and a few visits getting the dog rubbed down and back into shape the difference was incredible..... :thumbs:

imo theres nothing funny about a dog jacking,when you brought it up from a pup put all time effot in then jacks is heart breaking knowing you got to start all over again,

your spot on bud theres nothing worse

My little kelpie x grew decided not to chase a hare, i use her only for ferreting and she had never seen a hare before, one trotted out in front of her she took off with it but caught the scent and realised it wasnt a giant bunny so went back to marking warrens as if nothing had happened :thumbs:

I went out one night years ago with a guy who I had seen around and got talking him about his dogs, he bragged a fair bit about 'doing everything, one of them was a nice looking dog bull grey whip x bull grey. Slipped it on a fox that was sat down in a small field he tore straight up to it til there noses nearly touched the fox jumped up and looked at it, then the dog ran away shitting itself with the fox left in the middle of the field wandering what the f@ck just happened!

I didn't see the bloke much after that!

but what im trying to say is, if a dog jacks oot the blue, you should have a good idea of why it did, if it was a niggling undetected injury, or just sheer over work, then only a fool would blame the dog, tho if dog starts picking an choosing runs, or just blatant jacking or running half hearted then chances are its never gonna be a good un.....

thats just way i see it

Well said dotty, spot on pal. :thumbs:

Only ever had one dog jack, and that was through injury, it took a tumble, checked it over, it seemed fine. Next slip it ran like a labrador and pulled up. Turned out to be torn back muscles. I've had a few good dogs that had jacked with their previous owners, knowing they were good dogs with idiot owners. I've got them right and run them as dogs, not machines , and never had them jack again. I truly believe jackers are made not born. Mike.

• Like 3

Only ever had one dog jack, and that was through injury, it took a tumble, checked it over, it seemed fine. Next slip it ran like a labrador and pulled up. Turned out to be torn back muscles. I've had a few good dogs that had jacked with their previous owners, knowing they were good dogs with idiot owners. I've got them right and run them as dogs, not machines , and never had them jack again. I truly believe jackers are made not born. Mike.

Maybe jackers that pull up fella but a dog that jacks on quarry that bites back if a dog refuses to go to something or back to something that has snapped it whats ye theory on that mine is there cowards and lack bottle

Maybe jackers that pull up fella but a dog that jacks on quarry that bites back if a dog refuses to go to something or back to something that has snapped it whats ye theory on that mine is there cowards and lack bottle

That's a different kettle of fish mate, a lot do it because they're over faced to early in life, my theory is if they haven't got the bottle they wouldn't take them in the first place. Another reason dogs jack on bitey stuff is when they are run with unhealed injuries. Mike.