Top jackers

Guest dances

Well I got to be honest I've had a few;

- chief,a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull out of rio. Well I seen him run upto a roe deer and mount it like he was f*****g it. Seen him run a baggie, catch it and do about 40 laps of the field. I also seen him bark at an almost dead fox that another dog had done the hard work on

- steph, supposed to have been gaurenteed, well she ran several foxes and just wouldn't connect. Then she ran a fox with another dog one night which she missed. Once the othe dog had returned we saw her chasing a cub barking at it.

- zeus, again a dog already doing it, caught several foxes in superb fashion only to let them go. He also ran about 2 miles behind a roe down a road one night.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only ever had one dog jack, and that was through injury, it took a tumble, checked it over, it seemed fine. Next slip it ran like a labrador and pulled up. Turned out to be torn back muscles. I've had

imo theres nothing funny about a dog jacking,when you brought it up from a pup put all time effot in then jacks is heart breaking knowing you got to start all over again,

"And i think every one will own a couple of jackers and if you dont then you anit pushing your dogs hard enough IMHO"   You really think that? Why do folk always want to push their dogs to breaking

Out of interest, all these Jackers, were any of them dogs you had raised from a pup and entered yourselves, or were they for the most part dogs that were bought in at some stage?

Out of interest, all these Jackers, were any of them dogs you had raised from a pup and entered yourselves, or were they for the most part dogs that were bought in at some stage?

the greyhound a had was a year an a half old when a took her......but she was a plank of wood all her days lol... :thumbs:

i seen home raised pups gee there best for 4/5 seasons, then just gee the ghost mate, could blame the thousands a runs, or the excessive work load,or even the owner or could blame the dog, tho truth a the matter is even tho some are way better than others, they are all dogs an not machines :thumbs:

• Like 1

Seen a few skid and likes been sad it anit funny...

Mate paid £370 for a big strong Sal/Gh type looked a machine jacked on the first rabbit,

Had a few skid on me mainly on hare if they couldnt bullie/boss there hare they put the breaks on...

And i think every one will own a couple of jackers and if you dont then you anit pushing your dogs hard enough IMHO

• Like 1

i seen home raised pups gee there best for 4/5 seasons, then just gee the ghost mate, could blame the thousands a runs, or the excessive work load,or even the owner or could blame the dog, tho truth a the matter is even tho some are way better than others, they are all dogs an not machines :thumbs:

Just seems most people jacker stories start 'so i bought this dog, that was meant to be doing the biz . . . and . . .'. I never really got the jacker things, there are some dogs i guess that are just cowards, or can't be f****d. But then at the same time, like you say, every dog has a limit, you could make any dog jack or die trying. Them beasts are a lot more than just flesh and bone.

Also i was thinking, i seen a fair few dogs that DO do what is needed, but maybe if given to someone else, wouldn't do it for them (mainly collie bred dogs) and would be seen a jacker. That make any sense?

Just seems most people jacker stories start 'so i bought this dog, that was meant to be doing the biz . . . and . . .'. I never really got the jacker things, there are some dogs i guess that are just cowards, or can't be f****d. But then at the same time, like you say, every dog has a limit, you could make any dog jack or die trying. Them beasts are a lot more than just flesh and bone.

Also i was thinking, i seen a fair few dogs that DO do what is needed, but maybe if given to someone else, wouldn't do it for them (mainly collie bred dogs) and would be seen a jacker. That make any sense?

yip :thumbs:

Mate paid £370 for a big strong Sal/Gh type looked a machine jacked on the first rabbit,

Had a few skid on me mainly on hare if they couldnt bullie/boss there hare they put the breaks on...

And i think every one will own a couple of jackers and if you dont then you anit pushing your dogs hard enough IMHO

"And i think every one will own a couple of jackers and if you dont then you anit pushing your dogs hard enough IMHO"

You really think that? Why do folk always want to push their dogs to breaking point, rather than push them to the limits of their capabilities but not beyond. They are dogs.

Some folk seem to have a f**k load of mutts and other seem to manage to do very well with say 4 or so dogs over ten years.

• Like 2

"And i think every one will own a couple of jackers and if you dont then you anit pushing your dogs hard enough IMHO"

You really think that? Why do folk always want to push their dogs to breaking point, rather than push them to the limits of their capabilities but not beyond. They are dogs.

Some folk seem to have a f**k load of mutts and other seem to manage to do very well with say 4 or so dogs over ten years.

an how would you know the limit of it capabilities if ye never kept pushing mate :hmm:

i like to push my dogs to the max, to jacking point almost, tho the diffrence i find is what happened to make the said mutt jack............ an more importantly what happens to them after..........

Well I got to be honest I've had a few;

- chief,a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull out of rio. Well I seen him run upto a roe deer and mount it like he was f*****g it. Seen him run a baggie, catch it and do about 40 laps of the field. I also seen him bark at an almost dead fox that another dog had done the hard work on

- steph, supposed to have been gaurenteed, well she ran several foxes and just wouldn't connect. Then she ran a fox with another dog one night which she missed. Once the othe dog had returned we saw her chasing a cub barking at it.

- zeus, again a dog already doing it, caught several foxes in superb fashion only to let them go. He also ran about 2 miles behind a roe down a road one night.

Theres a nice honest reply

People are diffrenent fella some do a lot more than say a bit of ferreting or a mooch once a week,

Some are out 3/5 days/nights and there dogs get put throw there paces and will see more in half a season than somes will see in there full working days,

Iam not saying pushing it to breaking point (Cause there anit a dog alive that anit got one) iam just saying give the dogs work and ya HARD WORK

an how would you know the limit of it capabilities if ye never kept pushing mate :hmm:

i like to push my dogs to the max, to jacking point almost, tho the diffrence i find is what happened to make the said mutt jack............ an more importantly what happens to them after..........

After reading what i wrote again i realized it was a load of horse piss mate! Your right, you can't really find the outer limits of somethings capabilities without going over it! FAirly obvious really :doh:

And yes i think that was more what i was thinking, if you push and push a dog and then find its breaking point, can you then slightly dial it back and use the dog to its full potential or just get another dog, start pushing again and hope this one goes further before it breaks?

Does every jacker need to be scrapped? I suppose it's how it jacks or why it jacks?

To be honest it isn't something i know much about (one of the many things :laugh: )

one of mine was coursing a long ears doubled up comp and did all thw work for about 3 mins then the other dog a saluki cross took the lead and started working the hare which went in to some cover my bitch led down on edge of cover listening to the course going on then the other dog pushed the hare outand my bitch ran lowbellied side on to the hare and retreived it to me .now did she jack or was she using her head on the day some said she jacked others said she used her brain either way she caught her hare and it was funny as feck .