Would any members be interested in horse meat for your dogs.NO injections are used to destroy these animals,comes minced at 50p per pound,or you can have it in slabs and cut to suit at 35p per pound.Might not be the cheapest meat you can get but its all meat,no fat,no bones or crap.pm me if interested.

EDITED to add near Burton on Trent/Derby

Edited by happy larry

I used to travel a fair distance to a horse slaughterers: good meat, and like you say, all muscle meat. Very good source of protein, but very rich. Can take a dog a while to get used to it but some of the best there is. They used to supply zoos etc as well. Shame you're too far away from me or I'd definitely be interested.

Hi penny,thanks for your approval,this meat has been in the pipeline for some time but i got my arse into gear today and bought half a beast,just for my dogs and a few people off hear that have had other dog meat off me in the past.Well looking at the meat before i run it through the mincer i can honestly say i was almost tempted to try it myself,so lean,and it cut like fillet steak.Im sure a journey midlands bound would be well worth it for you,atb.Paul

Hi penny,thanks for your approval,this meat has been in the pipeline for some time but i got my arse into gear today and bought half a beast,just for my dogs and a few people off hear that have had other dog meat off me in the past.Well looking at the meat before i run it through the mincer i can honestly say i was almost tempted to try it myself,so lean,and it cut like fillet steak.Im sure a journey midlands bound would be well worth it for you,atb.Paul

I'm in Kent otherwise I be interested, good stuff ,the old gee gee meat. :thumbs:

Im sure a journey midlands bound would be well worth it for you,atb.Paul

The problem isn't distance but fuel costs. I get minced beef delivered to my door for the same price: sorry! Would have liked to give it a go but they'll have to make do with beef :thumbs:

Just as an add on to this, it may be of use to you as I found it first rate.

A year or two ago I was given a load of horse meat, as I didn't have quite enough room in my freezer for the lot I put some in large sheep lick style buckets to use up first and covered it in water to keep the flies off. I had a litter of hound whelps on the deck at the time and used to soak the dried food with this dark coloured liquid. I kid you not, the shine on those pups was something to behold, as they progressed I introduced the meat itself as well as the foul smelling water mix to the dried food. I dont think I have ever seen a litter of hound pups so full, healthy and bursting with energy as that litter since. Trouble is, I havent had the chance at a dead horse either, bloody shame. It's good grub people, make no bones about it ( excuse the pun :icon_redface: )

B