Would you stud a pup?

Ive bin asked by 3 people if they can use my dog for stud but he is only 8 months now and hasnt done anything. I dont want people to use him the pups be rubbish and end up in a rescue centre. I beleive its hard enough to breed good dogs off proven perents what would you do?

My Sal Aladdin is 12mths now, and I would like to put him accross a whippet, but I am waiting another 6 mths and thats for myself.

Have been told of others doing it at an early age, but I dont think its a good idea myself!

it is realy up 2 you what you do with dog ,i think it might be still fireing blanks ,but if you don,t want then don,t ,why do they want 2 breed of ?is it because it nice looker?well lookers don,t catch workers do ,is these 3 people had dogs for long?or are they just after show ponys or pretenders,defo not wait untill a least 3 and had a least 2 proven season under his belts and tell the lads if they want a stud dog go get a proven dog

Ive bin asked by 3 people if they can use my dog for stud but he is only 8 months now and hasnt done anything. I dont want people to use him the pups be rubbish and end up in a rescue centre. I beleive its hard enough to breed good dogs off proven perents what would you do?

FFS..........the answer is 100% 'NO' and change the people you go about with.........quickly!!!!... :yes:

• Like 3

Nope and i wouldnt let any dog stud a litter tillat least 4 years old hes done nothing might turn out a great dog but might not.Plus you dont know yet if theres going to be any hereditory problems that could be passed on either so the end result could be a litter of ill dogs in the end.Not to mention he probably wont listen to you once hes been there and done that

Wouldn"t do it mate, he"s far to young and chances are he wouldn"t have a clue what to do or what its about, I have a 7 month old dog pup at the minute and currently have a bitch in season and the pup isn"t even really interested in her at all (thank goodness)

Really in human terms its like expecting a 7 year old lad to father a kid!!!!!!!!!!!

Who would want to use an 8 month old puppy as a stud dog? Totally beyond me? :thumbdown: Tell them to f**k off!!!!

i would deffo :toast: 100 % :yes: and charge £1000 a line :tongue2:

Could the dog cover a bitch at 8 months technicaly yes but realisticaly no sensible running dog owner would even have entered an 8 month old dog at this time of year so what exactly has he done or does he have in him to warrant his genes in a litter ?