beddy/grey

ok so maybe im after a beddy/grey to use for lamping and general mooching about,done a search on here and cant find anything about them and dont know anything about them either.

only seen two in my time on the lamp and both were yappers which is slightly off putting but hey probably down to the owners ,right :hmm: .

so where do i start in getting the dog i want,like i said will mainly be used for lamping rabbits but nice to have something capable of retrieving fox as i do quite a bit of shooting as well.

how much beddy do i want in the mix?do they generaly have good feet?what they like to train?,whos in the know for a decent dog man producing and working this type,and anything you can tell me about yours,good and bad with pics and sizes they made if possible

and anything else i might need to know :thumbs:

cheers

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen a few beddy/greys over the years and none of them yapped though a few whippet/beddys opend up.IMHO the beddy lurcher can be a good handy cross in its own right but i have seen better lurchers [bA

There is some real good bedligtons still going to ground in the darkest corners of the shire black and White

If I was you I go for a 3/4 Whippet 1/4 Bedlington seen a good few that was very good at there job that had good feet the yapping could be down to the owner

was thinking of one of these to begin with but iv since been advised that a beddy/.grey will be more versatile/handle a hard nights lamping a lot better :thumbs:

why not beddy whippet greyhound is there not a guy who breeds them there called poacher pocket there beddy greyhounds my two r off that cross good dogs atb

just seen the pic of yours on the other thread,out of interest what height are they :thumbs:

the blue and fawn ones r 21 inches and the we black one is 19 inches the blue and fawn ones have just turned 2 shit hot on everything the we black one is only 8 months no done anything with her i will pm you with some more info atb

the blue and fawn ones r 21 inches and the we black one is 19 inches the blue and fawn ones have just turned 2 shit hot on everything the we black one is only 8 months no done anything with her i will pm you with some more info atb

nice one cheers mate :thumbs:

few lads on here own beddy/greys sure they will help you mate, i had a beddy/whippet x greyhound but it kept fighting with my other dog so i gave him to my best mate, hes turned out a cracking dog mate hes 24" and well up to the job. good luck mate

few lads on here own beddy/greys sure they will help you mate, i had a beddy/whippet x greyhound but it kept fighting with my other dog so i gave him to my best mate, hes turned out a cracking dog mate hes 24" and well up to the job. good luck mate

certainly the kind of height im looking for :thumbs:

ok so maybe im after a beddy/grey to use for lamping and general mooching about,done a search on here and cant find anything about them and dont know anything about them either.

only seen two in my time on the lamp and both were yappers which is slightly off putting but hey probably down to the owners ,right :hmm: .

so where do i start in getting the dog i want,like i said will mainly be used for lamping rabbits but nice to have something capable of retrieving fox as i do quite a bit of shooting as well.

how much beddy do i want in the mix?do they generaly have good feet?what they like to train?,whos in the know for a decent dog man producing and working this type,and anything you can tell me about yours,good and bad with pics and sizes they made if possible

and anything else i might need to know :thumbs:

cheers

had a first x in the past, feet wasn't great, probably had more trouble with them than any of the rest of the litter because she threw to the terrier side, not very pacy and did yap a bit under pressure on the turn with bunnies

on the plus side , no reverse gear with anything we threw at her, draw as good as any wheaton, 100% commitment, caught plenty of big game single handed, after a couple of seasons really fine tuned her game, hit cover like a train, retrieve spot on, no nerves, great attitude to work, we used to be able to show her a rabbit on the other side of the hedge, throw her over and she'd land running, hit rabbit and straight back into van, good bitch .best of luck with it,

1stxs mate 21-23tts game as anything but mostly yap out of frustion because of the terrier blood in them not down to the owner.i held mine back until 12mth because of that but she still done it a little bit but if you have to go for a 3/4 bred mate so it wont yap extra speed.atb