coursing

is there no big land in scotland no? or wales? there is coz i've seen it

Compared to the fens, no. A large field up here is roughly 30 hectares. Average field more like 50 acres. If you think they are as big as the fens, fair dos

dont move goal posts! where did i say the land i mentioned was as big as the fens? point it out for me i cant find it. i said there not small fields, which there not. i'm only commenting on the things you say because you give your facts of things u think, not what you know, how can you comment on fen hares and the dogs that run there? i dont say fen dog i think its the daftest label ever in dogs a good dog will kill a hare anywhere, if i seen a dog that could only kill a hare on the fens i'd be right behind you and say f**k that not for me, you judge shit dogs and tar every dog and everyone that runs the fens the same without seeing it with your own eyes.....think that makes you a crabber

Edited by jamie7344
  • Like 1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good dogs will run and kill them anywhere,but as sum of the men have stated its horses for coures, but the real goodins you can take them anywhere,a lot of the best dogs in england wud struggle in ire

Mark H AKA Markbrick

This one was pretty good,, whipp/grey x deer/grey,, she cought them regular,, very fast bitch with a good strike, about 3 mins in the tank  

My first ever lurcher would catch winter fen hares regular..but as I was only a kid I never travelled far from the house. But in them days the most I ever caught in one day wound be 2 as they was bloody heavy to carry! But looking back I don't think my dog had another in the tank and the 3rd hare would probably see the dog just running behind it. She was the sister to stats fly and cass, so was beddy, collie, greyhound. She was no match for my saluki type lurchers now on daytime hares, but then on the other hand she was not fed and conditioned the same to fairly compare them.

Compared to the fens, no. A large field up here is roughly 30 hectares. Average field more like 50 acres. If you think they are as big as the fens, fair dos

dont move goal posts! where did i say the land i mentioned was as big as the fens? point it out for me i cant find it. i said there not small fields, which there not. i'm only commenting on the things you say because you give your facts of things u think, not what you know, how can you comment on fen hares and the dogs that run there? i dont say fen dog i think its the daftest label ever in dogs a good dog will kill a hare anywhere, if i seen a dog that could only kill a hare on the fens i'd be right behind you and say f**k that not for me, you judge shit dogs and tar every dog and everyone that runs the fens the same without seeing it with your own eyes.....think that makes you a crabber

:blink: don't move the goal posts? Here is my opening question which you clearly have a problem with....

Just out of interest, what percentage do you think this country has small fields compared to large open expanses like the fens?

Now your boring me now, away and argue with someone else :victory:

:blink: don't move the goal posts? Here is my opening question which you clearly have a problem with....

Just out of interest, what percentage do you think this country has small fields compared to large open expanses like the fens?

No good for the blood pressure petal. :no:

Put the kettle on

:thumbs:

which country? england, wales, or scotland? the only country i run reguarly is england. very small parts of england are small land the majority are good sized fields, and i need dogs that can take, 4/5 hard runs..... you did move the goal posts! first you said 90% of the country are small fields then you said that I thought that the land i mentioned were as big as fens, which i never said. I'm not arguing with you just stating facts and using your own bullshit against you! funniest thing is you come on here trying to sound clever and witty and your thick as pig shit.....but dont get yaself banned agen be boring as f**k without all the idiots to wind up

Edited by jamie7344

which country? england, wales, or scotland? the only country i run reguarly is england. very small parts of england are small land the majority are good sized fields, and i need dogs that can take, 4/5 hard runs..... you did move the goal posts! first you said 90% of the country are small fields then you said that I thought that the land i mentioned were as big as fens, which i never said. I'm not arguing with you just stating facts and using your own bullshit against you! funniest thing is you come on here trying to sound clever and witty and your thick as pig shit.....but dont get yaself banned agen be boring as f**k without all the idiots to wind up

:laugh: I don't come on here to look clever and witty, if that's you interpretation then that ain't my fault. When I said country I meant the whole of the uk, I'm from Scotland, fens are in England, I thought it was self explanatory. Ok, to save you having a stroke, I'll take back my opening gambit, hmmmmm let's say, 60 percent, you happy with that old bean? Let me know if once again this is too difficult for you to understand and I'll break it down once again.

Put the kettle on

Some folk just see my name, don't read what I write and try and attack!!! Still, it brightens up the night considering my team got humped by supercallygobalisticelticareatrocious :icon_redface:

Here's a question, would a heavily saturated saluki type or even pure saluki have a chance at taking a hare up in Cumbria in the small fields i have to run? probably not compared to a 3/4 bred collie grey or a saluki/grey or various grey/whip saturated lurchers. But i doubt the lurchers used for the fields up here could go down to the fens and run 4/5 runs for 4/5 minutes at a time. horses for courses thats all it is isn't it? You have a dog that is suited to the land you like to run

:laugh: I don't come on here to look clever and witty, if that's you interpretation then that ain't my fault. When I said country I meant the whole of the uk, I'm from Scotland, fens are in England, I thought it was self explanatory. Ok, to save you having a stroke, I'll take back my opening gambit, hmmmmm let's say, 60 percent, you happy with that old bean? Let me know if once again this is too difficult for you to understand and I'll break it down once again.

yea break it down please :thumbs:

Put the kettle on

Some folk just see my name, don't read what I write and try and attack!!! Still, it brightens up the night considering my team got humped by supercallygobalisticelticareatrocious :icon_redface:

i dont think its 60% baw recon your wrong again there mate :laugh:

:laugh: Jamie, riohog, you win lol, I canny be arsed :tongue2:

not like you to give up that easly.. you going soft ... ? :tongue2: just get a saluki pal and you will be fine :thumbs:

No, I know I'll be the only c**t banned lol. Besides, getting too old, I'm almost eleven now :kiss:

Many moons ago, my uncle had a fairly good dog called Jim. He got his fair share of hares on the biggest land that was close, that being Pocklington. Until the Law intervened that is and they were all summonsed. :gunsmilie: But, i'm pretty certain that although Jim could do those hares he would have probably been blown away if he had got onto a decent strong fen hare. I think there is a major difference between going out and running the odd hare, and going hare coursing.... :boogie:

I do find it interesting that the one thing those that slag fenland hares/hare coursers off have in common is...that they haven't been there and done it. You don't hear a peep from those that have been and sampled the class lagomorphs that can be found on the biggest of land.....Funny that. :whistling:

At the risk of getting banned, can I ask you to define what you class as coursing?

As for slagging the fens, i can't speak for everyone but it's the style of running that I slag. I know the fen guys thinks it's great watching a hare towing a dog about for 6,7,8 minutes but it isn't everyones cup of tea. I reckon the fen coursers enjoy it because it gets results, no other reason. It certainly can't be for the entertainment value cos I would rather watch caravans getting towed down the m74 :blink:

you certainly have a way with words