biting hob

im just wondering if anyone can give me any advice i have just recently got a couple of ferrets and one of them keeps nipping me, most of the time hes fine to handle and then out of the blue he'll nip me iv been handling him every day for hours at a time and iv got him feeding out of my hand is there anything else i can do to stop him nipping me?

Sounds like your doing it mate. Some are just wee b*****ds. I've got two old sisters here, one will never nip and is my best jill, and the sister has had the same treatment and is a good worker and mostly never nips, bet then from time to time she will have a go for you, out the blue, either cos she wants something or just for a laugh. She's just a bit of a wee shit bag i guess.

I had a hob that was the same, I worked out that he only did it because he was pi**ed off because he expected me to feed him bits while I was handling him, I stopped the titbits and he stopped the nipping, but some ferrets are just like that, the willfull little f**kers :D

I had a hob that was the same, I worked out that he only did it because he was pi**ed off because he expected me to feed him bits while I was handling him, I stopped the titbits and he stopped the nipping, but some ferrets are just like that, the willfull little f**kers :D

he was nipping me before i started giving him food from the hand he does seem to be getting a little better though but i like my ferrets not to bite at all

I have a little sh*t that would nip me if i had just been handling one of the other hobs. So i would flick him on the nose and tell him sharply NO! this seems to work.

But i guess its cause i had another hobs sent on me that is also in season.

iv tried flicking him on the nose but he still seems to do it ill just keep handling him and hope he comes right its something that ill have to put up with if he turns out to be a good worker thanks for all the tips lads. :thumbs:

he was nipping me before i started giving him food from the hand he does seem to be getting a little better though but i like my ferrets not to bite at all

It's human nature or British not sure which , to want everything yesterday and tomorows to late and today's no good , patience ,