Lurcher dog has several skin tears from yesterday, back thighs, belly. This morning he has the crackling noise/feel on his back and belly (air under skin)

Does anyone have any advice on home remedies to ease it please.

It's more air in the tissue than a big bubble Scent.

Plus it is most of his back, he'd end up looking like an acupuncture experiment :D

oh jesus in that case forget about the needle lol.Try asking skycat for some advise ,never puts me wrong :thumbs:

It's not in the bloodstream Al, air enters via the open wound under the skin. I've had it many times before with the dogs, all the vets do it anti inflam and AB's...and imo AB's were not needed as wounds were clean and no infection present. So this time, i'm not bothering with the vets. Just wondered if there was anything else i could do other than Rimadyl, rest and good grub?

It's not in the bloodstream Al, air enters via the open wound under the skin. I've had it many times before with the dogs, all the vets do it anti inflam and AB's...and imo AB's were not needed as wounds were clean and no infection present. So this time, i'm not bothering with the vets. Just wondered if there was anything else i could do other than Rimadyl, rest and good grub?

Sorry Moll, crossed wires (cider) it's just a "cushion" then which happens naturally for the healing process to begin, leave well alone and rest the patient up and all will be fine :thumbs:

The worst one of my dogs had was all over her back, round her chest and all this from one hole in her front leg. There is nothing you can do apart from keep them quiet and try to cover the tears so no more air gets in. Mine was so bad that her skin was literally lifting at least an inch from where it should be. She was like a water bed when you dimpled the skin. She was very uncomfortable and it took 3 weeks to disappear completely as the hole was right under her 'armpit' so even just walking down the garden for a pee sucked in more air and I couldn't bandage it completely. Don't worry, it does go eventually, but only once the wounds have healed enough not to suck air in any more.

if its like a poppin / crackling sound when you run your finger over the area, its inflammation in the muscle. apply gentle massage to the area running your finger with the muscle (the way its going) and a few days it will return back to normal. Rhian

Lurcher dog has several skin tears from yesterday, back thighs, belly. This morning he has the crackling noise/feel on his back and belly (air under skin)

Does anyone have any advice on home remedies to ease it please.

If its a small area and not expanding monitor, if increasing then a vet to check, if over a chest wound then get checked, if at a joint articulation the movement can push more air in and stitching the wound can help. Commonly called surgical emphysema link as general info...

http://disease.disease.com/Pulmonary-Disease/Emphysema/Surgical-Emphysema.html

Edited by sandymere