A different media outlook

Anyone who enjoyed that and thinks it's terrier work hasn't seen any terrier work. JMHO.

well i for 1 enjoyed neil, pity they cudnt have showed more, granted its not "terrier work" its trials but to think that a decent terrierman cant enjoy a bit footage is a bit egotistic, and your the same man given it the big1 when talkin about the trials in ireland.. was that before u seen any terrier work?

...Pa

Glad you enjoyed the footage Pa. Like I say it's for those that know nothing about terrier work.

Yes, I've often mentioned the trials that used to be run in Ireland. They were a big part of the history of working terriers in Ireland.

But they were nonsence at the end of the day. They did not test the sounder. In fact the terriers often used to provide the badgers for the trials were not the sort of terrier that might get a cert. on the day.

As for strongdogs ? Six minutes on a badger. Does that test a strong dog ?

I always said the only good thing that came out of the trials was that it helped refine the wheaten into making him some kind of a game breed.

The trials are a nice romantic part of doggy history.

As for nowadays ? Terrier men nowadays seem to use different blood for their working terriers. As for strongdogs ?? That's deffinately dominated by a different breed.

As for that footage of the Russian trials ?

It's a fox that's being used to "test" the german hunt terriers and fox terriers. I think that says it all about that particular test.

IMO that particular test is being used as a substitute for digging by those that would rather boost their egos the easy way.

• Like 1

Anyone who enjoyed that and thinks it's terrier work hasn't seen any terrier work. JMHO.

well i for 1 enjoyed neil, pity they cudnt have showed more, granted its not "terrier work" its trials but to think that a decent terrierman cant enjoy a bit footage is a bit egotistic, and your the same man given it the big1 when talkin about the trials in ireland.. was that before u seen any terrier work?

...Pa

Glad you enjoyed the footage Pa. Like I say it's for those that know nothing about terrier work.

Yes, I've often mentioned the trials that used to be run in Ireland. They were a big part of the history of working terriers in Ireland.

But they were nonsence at the end of the day. They did not test the sounder. In fact the terriers often used to provide the badgers for the trials were not the sort of terrier that might get a cert. on the day.

As for strongdogs ? Six minutes on a badger. Does that test a strong dog ?

I always said the only good thing that came out of the trials was that it helped refine the wheaten into making him some kind of a game breed.

The trials are a nice romantic part of doggy history.

As for nowadays ? Terrier men nowadays seem to use different blood for their working terriers. As for strongdogs ?? That's deffinately dominated by a different breed.

As for that footage of the Russian trials ?

It's a fox that's being used to "test" the german hunt terriers and fox terriers. I think that says it all about that particular test.

IMO that particular test is being used as a substitute for digging by those that would rather boost their egos the easy way.

fair point neil, i always like to see a terrier working in any form, be it rats, otter, fox, badger(other countries obviously), but the footage shown is no sport and certainly no test but i dont think me liking to view makes me any less of a terrierman, anyway id sit my back garden all day n watch 2 pups tugging from a rag so when comes to terriers im easily amused.. Anyway neil i see ur point, i hope u see mine..

...Pa

Enjoyed the footage but couldnt understand a word they were saying.

Rough translation. I met some Irish man in a bar last night and f**k me he was some ride I find it very hard to sit down at the moment because he was a kinky b*****d and insisted on doing stuff that was illegal even in my country.He really got me excited when he wiped his BIG mickey in the curtain while he hummed God Save Ireland said the Heroes.Sex will never be the same with SCENT again.

:D

:laugh::laugh:

It was Scent but but I changed the name so as not to make his head as big as his mickey.

thats just an act of cruelty with no method of hunting... its this which puts hunting in a bad light... :thumbdown:

every post i see from you is as if a anti wrote it :hmm:

or just a faggot

just because some of have an ounce of repsect for the quarry we work dont make anyone an anti. Just makes you sound like a brainless f*****g thug who porbably enjoys digging cubs :whistling:

• Like 2

thats just an act of cruelty with no method of hunting... its this which puts hunting in a bad light... :thumbdown:

every post i see from you is as if a anti wrote it :hmm:

or just a faggot

just because some of have an ounce of repsect for the quarry we work dont make anyone an anti. Just makes you sound like a brainless f*****g thug who porbably enjoys digging cubs :whistling:

alot of his posts have got me thinking :hmm:

and the cub things getting old now pal :laugh:

I dont usually give my opinion unless its asked for but i will in this case,it proves absolutley nothing about the dog for a start,it does however prove that their are far to many tossers in this game :wallbash: if there was a mesh between the dog and the fox i wonder how many of those dogs would have stayed with it for ten hours? :hmm:

it,s trials mate,also showing us how they do things in their countries,i for one dont disagree with it,granted it,s not your common or garden earth work would of thought its just another method of getting the young un s going..how many of you have used that sort of method to encourage the young dogs to get them started???i used to always have a pipe dug at bottom of me garden to train me pups...but then again maybe i ve been doing things wrong for the last 20yr....keep post you foreign lads/lasses i for one love to see terrier work from another country.s perspective...atb...darrell. :thumbs: