Is anyone still ferreting?

Wish I'd never posted this now ! :doh: Anyway - thanks for all the advice to those who contributed well. I'll be out this weekend, the first and last time there until next season. And suppose I'll be prepared to dig but fingers crossed I won't need to. Then I'll have a word with the farmer let him know what's happening see if he wants them shooting or snareing in the meantime. Although, don't want to spoil next years sport :)

Will put pics up as soon as poss after the weekend let you all know how I got on

Happy hunting

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shooting them is a smart move - the above two posts are varying levels of stupidity.

I was out at the weekend. Everything was wrong as far as traditional ferreting was concerned but it was a paid job that had been delayed by the wait for some rabbit netting to be erected . Basically

Well there you have it the whole evolution of and hard-wired hunting instinct of one species re-routed thanks to a bag of dry ferret food and boiled rabbit. Utter crock of shit!!!   Can't believe yo

Posted Images

put it this way i have never had to digg out when ferreting so i must be doing something right, and rob!!! they chase them out not in you nerd!!!. also if you feed your dogs raw meat they will after i while become blood thursty.if i want a dog to kill everything it comes across then i would give it raw meats.do you think you could stock break wild dingos,and hyenas, they are flesh eaters. what i was saying you would have more problems with dogs and any animal that lives of raw meat than feeding them dry or cooked meat ie boiled clear from blood. raw meat eaters tend be riddled with dieseses and die younger!!!!

I have real trouble believing that you posses and work either dogs or ferrets. Do yourself a favour and either do some research or pin your ears back and listen to folk that know more than you do on the subject, you've had ferrets a couple of years and you only got a dog a couple of months ago as a trained adult off here. And drop the insults, you sound like a 15 yr old and your profile says that you are 30. :thumbs:

Nettles long grass leaf covered brambles and hedges why would anyone bother unless your getting well paid for it as a pest controller!!

Been very efficient with the HMR since end Feb and on one farm alone have had over 200!! New permission which we hadnt ferreted by the way!

Edited by masmiffy

put it this way i have never had to digg out when ferreting so i must be doing something right, and rob!!! they chase them out not in you nerd!!!. also if you feed your dogs raw meat they will after i while become blood thursty.if i want a dog to kill everything it comes across then i would give it raw meats.do you think you could stock break wild dingos,and hyenas, they are flesh eaters. what i was saying you would have more problems with dogs and any animal that lives of raw meat than feeding them dry or cooked meat ie boiled clear from blood. raw meat eaters tend be riddled with dieseses and die younger!!!!

WOAH! a whole new level! :icon_eek:

Nettles long grass leaf covered brambles and hedges why would anyone bother unless your getting well paid for it as a pest controller!!

Been very efficient with the HMR since end Feb and on one farm alone have had over 200!! New permission which we hadnt ferreted by the way!

Theres very little cover, it's literally grass verges all the way down one stretch without any hedges

This is going to be the last time for this season.

This place always brings a smile to my face.

This has got to be a regular on the wind up.. very good.

I dont believe for 1 minute anyone is this stupid.

Well i'm off to prepare the dogs salads, dont want them turning into stock worriers.

Yours in sport Pernod

Well i'm off to prepare the dogs salads, dont want them turning into stock worriers.

Yours in sport Pernod

I wouldn't do that mate, never know when you might get permission on a farm growing lettuces, you'd be f****d then.

• Like 1

:gunsmilie:

Yours in sport Pernod

I wouldn't do that mate, never know when you might get permission on a farm growing lettuces, you'd be f****d then.

brilliant :):notworthy::gunsmilie:

if you spent as much time out as you do on your computer then you will find out first hand than some second bullshite you read, get a life im not the 1 here seeking advise you nerds

haven't you got some scribbling you should be getting on with? :bye:

my ferrets never stays down to ground even if they killed young. dry food is the key it takes along time but they adjust. i have never had to dig them out making a mess of the land.i give them rabbit every now and again but boil them first to make sure all the blood as run clear, if they are blood thursty then you will end up with problems all the time. its the same with dogs if they are blood thursty you

will not stock break them,they will kill anything i site,hope

this info helps

Well now I have herd it all

lo so have i.haha,thasts mad aint it.god i best get my ferrets on dry food i think.may even ebay my spade now... cant be making holes all over the country side can one. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies, only just really started ferreting this year and so got very limited permission, therefor want to hold on to all that I do have - which I why I suppose you get the worst jobs first and gradually work you way up to 'better' permission, hopefully by next season I will have somewhere that I can use the dog etc. but for now, looks like I'll be doing some digging this weekend :)

if the dog is not welcome then i dont do the land ,the dog as a part in ferreting just as much as the ferrets do tell the land owner that its you and the dog or f**k all . if hes worth his salt he will let you and the dog on .tell him the dogs part in ferreting and then see what he as to say .whats the point in training a dog up then you have left him or her at home with the kids and her in doors ,