• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon that's all I was trying to do, but would like a rifle with a safety.. I would hate to hurt Mike

I was being honest, and looking for advice, not critism. It's hard learning to life with half a hand, as a result of some other prat, who shouldn't be driving a car. I have learnt from the error it hurt too much to try it again..

Edited by Mrs Mole

I made a mistake when I was younger on a outdoor military range, at r.a.f insworth, shooting an sa80, after the ear defenders were on and going through the usual drill, I miss heard the last order as "in your own time carry on", boom!

Not an accidental discharge as I pulled the trigger with intent, I got absolutly hammerd for it and that was my only shot for the day :( I was 13 at the time, but to put the smile back on my face at the end of the day the instructor gave me my target and guess what bang on the money :thumbs:

Guess what im saying is I made a mistake, yea I felt like a nob but I didnt let it put me off, and beleve me if anything would have it would have been that.

.atb. .ste.

I wasn't being critical, Mrs Mole, I was trying to help you. I could see from your post that you'd made a mistake that many others have made before you.

Move on, learn from what happened and continue to enjoy your shooting knowing that you're a little wiser than you were before....

Edited by andyfr1968

I wasn't being critical, Mrs Mole, I was trying to help you. I could see from your post that you'd made a mistake that many others have made before you.

Move on, learn from what happened and continue to enjoy your shooting knowing that you're a little wiser than you were before....

Please call me Mary..

I picked up the rifle, for the first shoot of the day at the range, I couldn't feel where my finger was, I should have checked.. Please note I reload mag about 10 times and don't do it again..

Can I ask again which PCP, I would like one with a safety..

Edited by Mrs Mole

Hi, Mary :thumbs:

I've only a small amount of experience with PCP's but after trying quite a few out, I settled on the AA410c. That said, mine was an early one with no safety :laugh:

I was shooting Zini's R10 the other day and that was a really nice rifle to shoot for me. As always though, what feels 'right' for one person my not feel right for you. Try to handle as many different guns as you can to see which ones sit well in your hands, gun choice is a very personal thing....

Good luck, whatever you choose :thumbs:

Cheers.

Edited by andyfr1968

I like Mike's Superten but it's too heavy for me, wrist is a little weak. S200 is a dream to handle, saw the AA 510 TC yesterday but again to heavy. Heard the ultra has probs? so not sure.

Sorry Mike it won't be a Hatsan. LOL

Edited by Mrs Mole

No it's not but don't worry about that.

They're all a little different and the gauge on the gun normally read about 20 bar high. I used to fill mine to 190 on the gun's gauge (170 bar really....) and get around 70 shots before a re-fill was needed.

Edit to add.... That was .22.

Edited by andyfr1968

Hello Mary.

Well why don't we stick with our S200 and undertake a LOAD/UNLOAD handling drill with it and a bit of self-discipline as a safety measure? It's not the rifle you need to change Mary, just your approach to it.

Sounds like right now, you've had your confidence jolted. Don't worry. As long as you are alright. Sleep on it and start again tomorrow.

Just treat it with a bit more respect eh? :thumbs:

Simon

8shot PM'd me to say the ultra is rubbish unless it's been regged, but again he told me to remove the baffle from my silencer and put a hair curler in it..

Shotguns are so much easier I understand them..

Edited by Mrs Mole

hi mrs mole,

now do'nt get upset by critism mate, but you cant expect the more experienced lads here to tell you what you maybe needed to hear as opposed to what you wanted to hear(its a sign of TRUE friendship,rather than a bunch of sycophants rubbing you better, as it were)

if you get on with your s200, then why not just part ex it for a newer model me dear, you'll have the extra confidence of the safety(although as stated above by better than me, its not a substitute for safe gun handling) and you already know and enjoy the gun.

the 410's a little bit heavier, but if youre gonna go down that road why not splash out on a superlight model, unless you share your hubby's phobia of spending money of course... ;):laugh: they aint cheap, but you get an excellent rifle for your money, and theyre proven to be reliable and accurate.

dont be put off by a daft (but easily avoided in future) accident that has happened to many, and will again, no doubt-see ashley 'silly fekker' cole- just learn the lesson and move on mate. :thumbs:

cheers, wurz