wheaten crosses.

RIGHT LAD`S. HERE WE HAVE A WHEATEN GREYHOUND 1ST CROSS TO GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK...PS/ i have seen them working but i never checked their pads :thumbs:IMG_0021.jpg2011-03-1009-14-29_0112.jpg

Nice well put together animal optimus that wheaten/grey at the top did it make anything workwise ??

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RIGHT LAD`S. HERE WE HAVE A WHEATEN GREYHOUND 1ST CROSS TO GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK...PS/ i have seen them working but i never checked their pads

here ye go mate a decent little bitch

Totally agree,they are as game as any bullx and better all rounder with good harsh coat to withstand the weather.Not as head strong as a bullx but can have a liken to sheep.I find them easier to handl

Posted Images

wheaten whippet. :thumbs:

post-2078-0-02454500-1301232646_thumb.jpg

i like the wheaten cross. the one i have is to heavily built for most lurcher lads. has turned out more to the wheaten :yes: he can be a handfull with strange dogs and has to be watched. but is very intelligent works with guns/ferrets/terriers. anyone talking about wheaten crosses with not enough drive puzzles me as my dog has to much. stamina wise i dont do enough to wear him out so couldnt say. what i will say is they are to much of a handfull for a lot of folk so be carefull what you wish for. i think good wheaten bood is hard to find so there will be a few about from inferior stock. this wont help the wheaten lurchers cause :o

• Like 1

RIGHT LAD`S. HERE WE HAVE A WHEATEN GREYHOUND 1ST CROSS TO GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK...PS/ i have seen them working but i never checked their pads :thumbs:IMG_0021.jpg2011-03-1009-14-29_0112.jpg

Nice well put together animal optimus that wheaten/grey at the top did it make anything workwise ??

WELL HE WAS OVER IN IRELAND, & SPECIFICS ARE NOT FOR A PUBLIC FORUM, YES HE DONE A JOB. HE WOULDNT LINE A GREYHOUND BITCH IN SEASON SO SHE WAS PUT IN WITH THE DOG AS A LAST RESORT. COME MORNING THE BITCH WAS DEAD. I WAITED YEARS FOR A 3/4 BRED FROM HIM, IT NEVER HAPPENED. DECIDED THAT GAME WASNT FOR ME, BUT I STILL ALWAYS FANCIED A 3/4 BRED. WHEATENS CAME BACK IN FASHION MIDDLE 90,s BUT MANY SOLD WERENT GENUINE. I VISITED THIS BREEDER WHEN ON HOLIDAY IN DUBLIN, SO I KNEW HIS BREEDING WAS GENUINE :thumbs:

tidy dogs. :thumbs:

i like the wheaten cross. the one i have is to heavily built for most lurcher lads. has turned out more to the wheaten :yes: he can be a handfull with strange dogs and has to be watched. but is very intelligent works with guns/ferrets/terriers. anyone talking about wheaten crosses with not enough drive puzzles me as my dog has to much. stamina wise i dont do enough to wear him out so couldnt say. what i will say is they are to much of a handfull for a lot of folk so be carefull what you wish for. i think good wheaten bood is hard to find so there will be a few about from inferior stock. this wont help the wheaten lurchers cause :o

Love that dog :thumbs:

AS I SEE IT, WITHOUT THE TRIALS ETC SEIZER DOGS BEGAN TO DWINDLE. THE EMERGENCE OF THE APBT CHANGED MANY THINGS FOR OUR NATIVE BREEDS. ANYWAY WHY HAVE A DOG TO DRAW AT A DIG WHEN A STRONG LURCHER CAN DO THAT & BE A RUNNING DOG ALSO???:thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

tidy looking dog mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

I had a first cross wheaton xgreyhound which was racy in build and was one hell of a catch dog ,which could deal with fox no problem single handed.THE dog was very laid back sensible and bidable,but could do the buisness on the feild as good as any cross could.

I dont know if my own experience of the wheaton X qualifies me to comment as the litter i bred was only 1/4 wheaton...

I did find what i believe was a decent sire wheaton/grey similar in size and build to cleanspades dog.. and put it to my 23" bull X bitch.

My hope was for somthing as game as a Bull X with a rough coat :whistling:

the litter was around 50/50 split regards the rough coat,

temprement wise some were early starters, and others were slow to cotton on.. and from the people that have kept in touch they have all commented on how willing they are to scrap

with another dog if provoked :(

Something that my bull x and pups from her other litters have not done,

I lost patients with the one that i kept back as he was not interested in "working" even though he`d been present at a few, i have to admit though that i have since been proven wrong, as the lad that had him from me has since informed me that he`s doing ok...

So i`de say... Game enough, but they need an experienced handler.. with patients if you get the slow starter as i did....

Mars..

• 9 months later...