Measured 30m grouping

Well i wouldnt expect anything less from a BSA buddy.

That rifle is caperble of putting a pellet on a pellet easily at ranges exceeding 30 metres pal in the right conditions and when you are shooting well.

Si

Good grouping moley, I too managed a good grouping on thursday at home, shooting on a bipod with bean bag under stock (not to test me, just to test rifle) I managed to put 5 pellets on top of each other, from my hall, through the living room, out patio doors and out to top of garden. Lazerd 25yds.

I have pic but its on my phone, can txt it if your interested :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

That's excellent Moley. Now laddie. Work on tightening the group up to as near a single hole at 30 yards as you can. When (not if!) you can hit that level of accuracy without having to think too much about it, increase your range to 35 yards but, never lose sight of the closer ranges where hold-under will occur. Being pin-sharp at one medium-long range-distance parameter is only part of the story.

More guys miss close range bunnies thasn they'll admit to! :thumbs:

Simon

Thanks Simon, was down at the range late yesterday, I will be moving it forward and backward by 5 metre steps, so I get to know the hold over and under on the scope! I will be doing lots more work range shooting! Knowing precisely how the gun and scope work will improve my accuracy and then I can take on more shots!

Well done Mr Mole, It wont take too long to get the groups even tighter.

One thing that may stand you in good stead is to get the trigger pull weight adjusted to your liking.

Another thing that can happen when swapping from springer with recoil to PCP with little to no recoil is 'the mental anticipation of recoil' and how this effects your trigger pull and how you hold the gun.

All springers, to a certain extent, can be hold sensitive, I had a HW80 and that lived up to its name of being very 'hold sensitive' with me having to adjust my hold and use of it when shooting from diffent positions, or the point of impact POI would be massively out.

This hesitant and expectation of what the rifle is going to do when you squeeze the trigger crosses over on to your PCP, I would think that as you get more used to little recoil your 'hold' will develop and your groupings will tighten considerably.

I also spent a lot of time on target ranges. When I first got my s410, I was shooting 1-1.5" groups at 45m off a bipod, and I was a little fustrated at this, even though many on THL told me not to worry:

gallery_50435_3704_242978.jpg

Now I can easily get 1 1/4" groups at 75m on the target range in perfect conditions. What had changed to get my groupings closer? My hold of the rifle and my trigger pull; I had to adjust from springer shooting to PCP shooting :)

So from paper punching:

gallery_50435_3704_22027.jpg

To Food:

gallery_50435_3704_165436.jpg

To Trophy!:

gallery_50435_3704_112602.jpg

Just keep practicing, as I know you will & enjoy it even more as your groupings get tighter and tighter mate :)