Phil K's, small hare dog?

Slightly off-topic

Do any of ye lads remember a big dog called Bran, he was bought in P.K's probably in or around '96/97?

a tall rough coated dog? he was supposedly dynamite but i only seen him run twice

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6 and half mins on a hare and people are saying it jacked surely the dog would have jacked well before 6 mins by the sounds off it the dog just meet a better animal on the day and that was the hare

That's a very valid point Iceman, a lot of people don't realise how hard it is to have a dog in the right condition, going from here to the fens, if they're only used to running small fields....no mat

as said on a earlyer post it was gettin straight lined for a minute or so so it run out of steam [bANNED TEXT] then like in ireland you would never see a race that long so the dog would be ok over the

Posted Images

mistakes are not he still bred some of the best dogs in ireland.i bet some other people wished they made them mistakes. :whistling::thumbs:

i never said he did not breed some good dogs cos he did but what people was ? is the way they was bred :whistling: :whistling: :thumbs:

he said they was not one bit of saluki in her the cream bitch on the right its irish lady yet she could stay on longer then my half saluki :tongue2::thumbs:

biglicks whats the big deal about her staying longer than a half saluki their were loads of dogs around at that time with no saluki that could run as long as her do yea not think for the amount of saluki greyhounds that are breed their should be a lot more that make even average dog every year its the same with loads of men i know saluki x grey and very few ever make the grade its not that easy to get a good dog biglicks were you not in the pub when someone said she would do exactly what your saying and ye english men laughed at him i wonder whoes laughing now when he hears all this in the pub tomorrow

mistakes are not he still bred some of the best dogs in ireland.i bet some other people wished they made them mistakes. :whistling::thumbs:

i never said he did not breed some good dogs cos he did but what people was ? is the way they was bred :whistling: :whistling: :thumbs:

he said they was not one bit of saluki in her the cream bitch on the right its irish lady yet she could stay on longer then my half saluki :tongue2::thumbs:

biglicks whats the big deal about her staying longer than a half saluki their were loads of dogs around at that time with no saluki that could run as long as her do yea not think for the amount of saluki greyhounds that are breed their should be a lot more that make even average dog every year its the same with loads of men i know saluki x grey and very few ever make the grade its not that easy to get a good dog biglicks were you not in the pub when someone said she would do exactly what your saying and ye english men laughed at him i wonder whoes laughing now when he hears all this in the pub tomorrow

thing is speedy i bet you or anyone else cant name one of the top dogs from england past or present that can stay on a bit thats not got saluki in it yet they say irish lady did not have one bit in her its just hard two beleave why is there no more around if owen does have um that can stay on he should of brought them england when he come cos the big land nearly killed is dog :thumbs:

thing is speedy i bet you or anyone else cant name one of the top dogs from england past or present that can stay on a bit thats not got saluki in it yet they say irish lady did not have one bit in her its just hard two beleave why is there no more around if owen does have um that can stay on he should of brought them england when he come cos the big land nearly killed is dog :thumbs:

what i said was these dogs could stay on i dont think they could stay as long as one of these real good saluki crosses as for owen and his dog if hes happy with them thays all that counts dont forget these dogs had very little greyhound in their make up deerhound and irish terrier was the most of their make up thats why they could stay if yea look at some of those dogs in the north east they say they can run longer than a pure saluki wheres the greyhound in them beddy deerhound or what ever else so why all these saluki greyhounds

Slightly off-topic

Do any of ye lads remember a big dog called Bran, he was bought in P.K's probably in or around '96/97?

a tall rough coated dog? he was supposedly dynamite but i only seen him run twice

what colour was he and what did king call him or do yea know any of his parents or who bought him

Anyone on here ever see a big blue dog called WHISTLE belonging to ts from westmeath,i think he was bred by jy also westmeath who was a friend of pk so could have pk breeding in it.He was a big deerhound type or looked like he was bred that way but was a demon on hares,and could go for ever.

what i said was these dogs could stay on i dont think they could stay as long as one of these real good saluki crosses as for owen and his dog if hes happy with them thays all that counts dont forget these dogs had very little greyhound in their make up deerhound and irish terrier was the most of their make up thats why they could stay if yea look at some of those dogs in the north east they say they can run longer than a pure saluki wheres the greyhound in them beddy deerhound or what ever else so why all these saluki greyhounds

if your on abount the top rough coated dogs from the north east they all have saluki in them i dought they could stay longer then a good pure saluki but they can stay on im just sayin you need some saluki in them two have them stay on as long as lady did maybe a mad chance it could be a one off but dont tell me there is more with no saluki in that can stay on if so what is it :thumbs:

Edited by bigliks

if your on abount the top rough coated dogs from the north east they all have saluki in them i dought they could stay longer then a good pure saluki but they can stay on im just sayin you need some saluki in them two have them stay on as long as lady did maybe a mad chance it could be a one off but dont tell me there is more with no saluki in that can stay on if so what is it :thumbs:

it would be hard to find one now but thats because of all the saluki that is about but i know and a lot more men on hare seen them just look at the post before yours maybe some one on here could tell me something how come the four most talked about dogs in ireland are all so closely related jm irish lady dog pk sligoexpress bitch sk judy dog a.p sligoexpress bitch all of these bitches so closely related

it would be hard to find one now but thats because of all the saluki that is about but i know and a lot more men on hare seen them just look at the post before yours maybe some one on here could tell me something how come the four most talked about dogs in ireland are all so closely related jm irish lady dog pk sligoexpress bitch sk judy dog a.p sligoexpress bitch all of these bitches so closely related

cant belive it border,russel wippet,for hares,dont want to be going back over this again but you mention irish lady and jm dog but what about hope whicth was out of 1 of the best bitches in the uk you mention ssligo express and irish lady in the 1 sentence but sligo express was a jacker,the clip you put up with owens bitch put up 1 with her on a hare in a clean field see what shes like

cant belive it border,russel wippet,for hares,dont want to be going back over this again but you mention irish lady and jm dog but what about hope whicth was out of 1 of the best bitches in the uk you mention ssligo express and irish lady in the 1 sentence but sligo express was a jacker,the clip you put up with owens bitch put up 1 with her on a hare in a clean field see what shes like

did the sligo express and irish lady run two hares doubled up one day and if so what happned

did the sligo express and irish lady run two hares doubled up one day and if so what happned

dont know about that but what did ian clarkes bith do with the black assin in england

as i said before on here what happned was i.c. bitch was slipped at a hare which she ran out of site not to well i might add but as is the rule every one stood for about 15 mins until she was caught so it comes across the raido that someone had her caught so everyone moves of after about 2 or 3 mins a hare jumps the man that was leaning the black assissan was about 10 yeards from the hare so he gives the hare about 150 yeards of a start before he slips the dog the dog goes to the hare and runs him for 6 mins i know this because i was on the road with about 50 or 60 people one of which had a stop watch so this bitch of ian clarkes that was said to have been caught comes in to the race now when i say this hare was ran for six mins i dont mean a drag hunt i mean he had been ran inside out so bought hare and dog are well slowed at this stage so when this bitch comes in the hare is not killed but the pace of the run is raised the dog falls in the field now if this is jacking pulling up or what ever else you want to call it fare enough but their was a couple of people beside me talking and one man was giving his version of what had just happened his son is on here sometimes but p.n. that was doing the camera work told him to stop his shit that he never owned a dog half as good as that now if their is any man on here that was their on the day i would like to here him dispute any word i have said as for the day that irish lady ran with the sligo express i was their also so i woult like to hear what all the very intelligent men on here have to say about that day

Edited by speedie