Phil K's, small hare dog?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6 and half mins on a hare and people are saying it jacked surely the dog would have jacked well before 6 mins by the sounds off it the dog just meet a better animal on the day and that was the hare

That's a very valid point Iceman, a lot of people don't realise how hard it is to have a dog in the right condition, going from here to the fens, if they're only used to running small fields....no mat

as said on a earlyer post it was gettin straight lined for a minute or so so it run out of steam [bANNED TEXT] then like in ireland you would never see a race that long so the dog would be ok over the

Posted Images

I have to say Speedie I was one of the men on the lane that day and the account you've just given is pretty much the way I remember it too. I also have the tape here somewhere.

Below is a pic I took of the pair just before the start of the day.

oldpics293.jpg

I have to say Speedie I was one of the men on the lane that day and the account you've just given is pretty much the way I remember it too. I also have the tape here somewhere.

oldpics293.jpg

the camera does not lie did the dog not jack in the middle of the fen,sligo express jacked the next season,what good is a dog that can run for 6 mins not kill its hare,stand looking back at you,then have to be put away for the rest of the day now speedie you tell me what good are they,i dont care if the dog ran for 6 mins,he jacked next run for a jacker is the vets to be pts,

The dog had been straight lined for at least the last minute of the run with the hare drawing away from him. I don't think there was anything left in the tank.

Also I'm not taking sides, just saying what I remember seeing.

The dog had been straight lined for at least the last minute of the run with the hare drawing away from him. I don't think there was anything left in the tank.

Hope you can find the tape of it does it have the full course on it.Get it up should be good viewing. :thumbs:

Hope you can find the tape of it does it have the full course on it.Get it up should be good viewing. :thumbs:

would like to see that clip too. cheers. :thumbs:

was it a 6 min course D that is a long race never seen a six min course :thumbs:

I'm sure it was R, I think the timer on the tape is displayed which is why I remember that the dog was straightlined for that long. I have no clue as to how to put it from tape onto the comp. I must have between 30 and 40 tapes of Dogs and a load of hawks as well.

I'm sure it was R, I think the timer on the tape is displayed which is why I remember that the dog was straightlined for that long. I have no clue as to how to put it from tape onto the comp. I must have between 30 and 40 tapes of Dogs and a load of hawks as well.

was the hare still in sight when the dog stoped or was it goin away from the dog two it was out of the dogs sight :thumbs:

oldpics293.jpg

the camera does not lie did the dog not jack in the middle of the fen,sligo express jacked the next season,what good is a dog that can run for 6 mins not kill its hare,stand looking back at you,then have to be put away for the rest of the day now speedie you tell me what good are they,i dont care if the dog ran for 6 mins,he jacked next run for a jacker is the vets to be pts,

speedy how much would you take for the hat :thumbs:

That I can't be sure of as I watched the tape more times than I witnessed the actual event so the tape is what I remember most. On the tape, the camera is on the dog the whole time and the hare is out of shot as I said for over a minute. It wouldn't surprise me if someone watching behind where the dog was coming from said that the hare was gone from view but I was on the lane watching through bins so was only getting a narrow view of the dog itself.

That I can't be sure of as I watched the tape more times than I witnessed the actual event so the tape is what I remember most. On the tape, the camera is on the dog the whole time and the hare is out of shot as I said for over a minute. It wouldn't surprise me if someone watching behind where the dog was coming from said that the hare was gone from view but I was on the lane watching through bins so was only getting a narrow view of the dog itself.

do you think there was any saluki in lady :thumbs: