Do You Let Any One Else Use Your Dogs

There are a couple of members on here who are good friends and if they were short of a dog for some reason i would lend them a dog, on the other hand i have been offered a couple of dogs on loan in the past but refused, as i would never be abe to relax incase an accident occured.........

I hear you've had posters up renting out your dogs but never got a reply............ :whistling:

Lab, don't start another challenge you can't win :laugh:

:laugh: .........time will tell........... :laugh:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

would not even consider the idea,ok trusting they may be but shit often happens to a running dog and somehow feel i would hold them responsible,even if not their fault if something happened to my dog,

if i cant work me own dogs, ill give up working dogs

i agree with most, nobody works my dogs but me, my old man excersives them everyday and worked dogs since he was a kid back in the day but would never take off any of mine as the responsibility is too

theres a shit load of folk go hill walking round here and there 2 rug munchers aswell that are anti's and have 3 lurchers that were taken off lads for using them to draw fox and badger

so i dont want the likes of them coming across my dogs before i do

this is only one bit where they walk round right enough so its only a small area where i cant see where the dogs are all the time and when past here theres no probs

but just prefer not to take chances of having my dogs listen to more than just me :thumbs:

plus with the right to roam theres not many places you could say was private

We work of dogs differently mate.Couldent be doing with a dog in sight all the time.Do my nut in if it dident follow a scent.:thumbs:

theres a shit load of folk go hill walking round here and there 2 rug munchers aswell that are anti's and have 3 lurchers that were taken off lads for using them to draw fox and badger

this is only one bit where they walk round right enough so its only a small area where i cant see where the dogs are all the time and when past here theres no probs

but just prefer not to take chances of having my dogs listen to more than just me :thumbs:

We work of dogs differently mate.Couldent be doing with a dog in sight all the time.Do my nut in if it dident follow a scent.:thumbs:

thats my point mate half the time my dogs are on scents or working cover and woods and are out of sight so i dont want anybody coming across the dogs while they are away and i dont see it happen

although i dont need to worry about that with my current dogs as my old bitch is anti social with strangers my wee dog just doesnt stop for nothing when he's chasing scents and my lurcher pup doesnt look for attention like most and keeps away from strangers mostly because he's a big shite bag lol

thats my point mate half the time my dogs are on scents or working cover and woods and are out of sight so i dont want anybody coming across the dogs while they are away and i dont see it happen

although i dont need to worry about that with my current dogs as my old bitch is anti social with strangers my wee dog just doesnt stop for nothing when he's chasing scents and my lurcher pup doesnt look for attention like most and keeps away from strangers mostly because he's a big shite bag lol

I train them young and hard.Its worked for me allmost every time.Firm beleaver if you put in the work early.Saves a lot of grief later on.:thumbs:

NO!

Yes :D

This dog was doing dead drop retrieves.over three 100 yards at under five month old.Fur and feathers.and working the ground for the pick ups.Thats why i know a friend can handle it.And that why i dont mind him taking it out.Its been trained.:thumbs:

Many years ago a friend who was older, I was eighteen had a wee bitch that was probably the finest hare catcher pre ban I have ever seen on small fields, anyway he said I could take her out, I kept her on the leash, and walked her 5 miles to good hunting ground that always had Hares, I let her of the leash, she took one look at me, and took off, On walking back I was worried sick what was I going to tell him,

On return when walking into the house, here was the Bitch lying on his couch in front of a roaring fire sound asleep.

and thats how it should be.

my old man use to look after his mates dogs when they went on holiday !!! 1 time i can recall 3 of his mates lurchers plus my old mans 3 lurchers in the kennel for 2 weeks !!!!! i used to help him take them all out !!! but myself i wud,nt do it, unless in a emergency situation!!!!

i let black recking it take my dogs out years ago he has his own now as use will know the dogs i have at the moment wouldent go with enayone els but me but i wouldent have a problem with it if thay were a friend and new what thay were doing

must have been 15year,s ago maybe more lol can mind the day your dog bob seen a hare 2field,s away with a road in the middle of them pulled right out the lead and collar farmer was in the second park after the hare bob went sure you seen him running over the road on your way back from work the same day i crapped it that day very busy road as well thought he was going to get knocked down lol but didnt thank fekk you had fit dog,s then lol i didnt work the winter as you did so dog,s were out every day lol and yes he did do the hare as well handy dog was bob but i liked jed :thumbs:

hows this for brass neck?! lad of this sites lurcher learned it could get over the garden fence (6ft) but always jumped it then went round to the front door, now one time he opened the door... dog wasnt there, he later found out that the lad across the road had called the dog in, and took him lamping that night!.... know what i would have done there! :censored:

as for someone else working my dogs, its never happened and i doubt it ever will but i can count on half a hand the people i would allow to take them out, and even though i trust them 100% i would still have that niggling feeling at the back of my mind, and i just dont think they would work for anyone else. :thumbs:

i agree with most, nobody works my dogs but me, my old man excersives them everyday and worked dogs since he was a kid back in the day but would never take off any of mine as the responsibility is too high, the time and effort put into a pup to bring it to working standard is mad, so i think anyone that has done this with a dog wont even ask to borrow another mans dog as he'd nkow he wouldn't like to give his companion to anyone. i know none of my friends would never ask me for a dog or i would never ask them, if you really want to see them work its very easy go together, responsibility not an issue then. just my opinion. atb

• Like 1

When certain members of our digging team haven't been able make it we've taken there terriers out but we've always been more careful and not put them in the deep spots, but I wouldent let anybody apart from my dad take out and work my dogs, and I know my dad wouldent let anyone take out his dogs apart from me,

atb fd.