for all the guys that say it aint possible, is a fallow buck in rut possible with 1 doggie woggy, pre ban obviously :icon_eek:

Do you think its possible? :boogie:

wheres all the deer experts, i thought they would have answered :icon_eek:

they gone to look at what a fallow buck looks like on dvd so they can you a correct answer .

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put your cocks away lads, and get the thread back on track.

Yous are all laughable. Even the most mentally challenged dogman would realize that a fit and healthy red stag in its prime is NEVER going to be had with one dog.   I work alongside reds every day w

theres a pic in one of darcy books of a stag taken with two bull crosses. . .

Posted Images

for all the guys that say it aint possible, is a fallow buck in rut possible with 1 doggie woggy, pre ban obviously :icon_eek:

Do you think its possible? :boogie:

wheres all the deer experts, i thought they would have answered :icon_eek:

they gone to look at what a fallow buck looks like on dvd so they can you a correct answer .

:D

Guest dances

ther his i believe dogs still capableof taking reds in the british isles and some i have no doubt still are for the none believers who discredit this his possible well what can one say , dfferent leagues for different players . atb bunnys

Thats a fairly arrogant statement.

I think there is a massive difference between a pair or more of dogs running it and managing to hold it against a fence, or hedge or generally wear it down enough for the man to get in (I believe that scottish deerhounds were pretty much always doubled up or more) and a single dog running it and pulling it mid run in the open. There is also a big difference between red hinds and red stags and an even bigger difference between a small stag and a f*****g monster. I would never doubt that folk have/do take them, in the right situations, with the right dogs, but i doubt anyone would be able to do it often on the proper wild monsters daytime. And if you tried, you'd go through a few dogs. Like has been said a decent sized fallow buck is am impressive thing to knock over, and a decent red weighs in at double a decent fallow. I'd LOVE to see it tho, daytime, open moorland in the highlands and two very good dogs. . . . . is there any bigger/tougher quarry?

exmoor deer are bigger again

oh dear,,,:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.... if it was legal i think more people would comment on this,,ive never seen a big red let alone chase one..but i think it is possible for two dogs to pull one,,wouldnt mind a few old bits of antler off these reds if anyone shoots them :thumbs:

No offence mate but that to my mind is part of the problem, you've never seen or chased one but your voicing an opinion on what ?. Pure speculation.

I posted on the other thread regarding dogs taking red deer stags and I'll say again, I had dogs that took fallow bucks, sika stags and red deer hinds and the same dogs couldn't slow a red stag down never mind render it buggered. As a ghillie I weighed red stags in at parlour weight (gralloched) around the twenty to twenty two stone mark, add the guts and your up at twenty four to twenty six stone, these were hill stags, I'm reliably informed farmed and southern stags grow considerably more.

Anyone who thinks a single hound can bring a beast of this calibre down is failing to take their medication.

no offence taken at all,,i would love to prove you wrong nd say you havent had a right dogs or the right man to follow it through,,,but like i said its not legal,,but as i'm reliably in formed red deer are wild in yorkshire too,,maybe thats part of my problem????no offence mate,,,staysharp :whistling:

Just purely out of interest all you claiming to have dogs or seen others dogs pull down a red stag .. what time of year would you say is the best time to attempt it ?

genuine question not hidden agenda I am just interested in finding out the timing which you have attempted it :thumbs:

during the rutt :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

Yeah right :laugh: :laugh:

theres no test unless there in the rutt :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

I find them the least intimidating in the rut because they have one thing only on there mind :laugh:

im like that on a saturday night

just like the bin man you come once a week weather you need emptying or not :laugh: :laugh:

now ive seen a dog do that pre ban did the job well :whistling: it wasent in rut tho

Yeah it is ive seen a few do it and ive seen a few get there arses handed to them on a plate :laugh:

now ive seen a dog do that pre ban did the job well :whistling: it wasent in rut tho

so what did it do, if not in rutt :laugh:

Yeah it is ive seen a few do it and ive seen a few get there arses handed to them on a plate :laugh:

so would the guys that test they're dogs on quarry like that, not likely to have dogs which will drop a red :whistling:

On a more serious note has anybody seen a beddy whippet take a lowland mountain gorilla single handed if so how much ye want for a lineing :laugh::laugh:

hedz your a proper craphat

:laugh::laugh: shall i fetch the shell boss

ye for some of these fuckers on here .....theres no way 2 dogs can take a red stag as ive seen a red stag on a nature program and i think they would be too big and powerful ffs

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well ffs deerman of course they can be had.

I have seen 4 dogs on one(preban) and it still jumped a fence and threw them off like rag dolls. That's a fact.

I have no doubt that enough dogs in the right circumstance could take one out.

Glad we got that cleared up.

FTB

what dogs do you run then? whats dogs where the 4 on the stag?

so would the guys that test they're dogs on quarry like that, not likely to have dogs which will drop a red :whistling:

Nope not single handed, doubled up or tripled yeah :laugh:

Nope not single handed, doubled up or tripled yeah :laugh:

take your blinkers off youth,are you a ginger by any chance :tongue2: