anchoring fenn traps

I like to attach mine to a fence with para cord , failing that some 12inch stake's well into some solid ground , as they need to be solid due to any opportunistic fox coming round and pulling the fenn about trying to get the rabbit :o fenns are too expensive to loose like that , :o

DSCF0532.JPG

There are several options available for use with fenns.....either use a nice wooden peg attached onto the split ring or a similar wooden stake thats driven through the center of the ring itself, you also have the option of using steel trap pegs and extentions (available from fourteenacre) There initial purchase price can be a little off putting but they were designed for the job and will last a lifetime under normal use.I dont like paracord as its easily chewed through and straining wire is to ridgid to match the natural contours.....atb

There are several options available for use with fenns.....either use a nice wooden peg attached onto the split ring or a similar wooden stake thats driven through the center of the ring itself, you also have the option of using steel trap pegs and extentions (available from fourteenacre) There initial purchase price can be a little off putting but they were designed for the job and will last a lifetime under normal use.I dont like paracord as its easily chewed through and straining wire is to ridgid to match the natural contours.....atb

what ia wrong with using a simple 4mil.snap link on the trap ring and just click it onto the fence in 1 second,also just bend a 16 inch length of 4 mil.wire into a tight U shape and push it down into the ground like i showed on site with the rabbit snares without pegs, it holds big winter rabbits and big winter dog mink, no problem.

Theres nothing wrong with either a bent u shape pin or a carbine hook......i always use a snap hook if theres a fence within reach,i dont use a u shaped pin though as ive never had the need.,i was merley listing a few worthwhile options....

I weld an 8" bar of stainless to the rings but always leave the rings on, these come in usefull if you have to clip an extension on.

DSC00270-2.jpg

The stainless rod doesent suit all ground types though, no matter how hard you bang them in, so a wooden peg can be slotted through the ring just to be on the safe side.