Camouflage

The wife told me to look for some camo gear, so I ebayed it, ok folks, set of shower proof camouflage kit, jacket and trousers, £8.50 if we are to collect, he has sets up for £10.50 off p+p! Those of you after camo might want to have a look, so here is the link...

LWS Supplies, Grimsby!

I cannot believe what he charging!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife told me to look for some camo gear, so I ebayed it, ok folks, set of shower proof camouflage kit, jacket and trousers, £8.50 if we are to collect, he has sets up for £10.50 off p+p! Those of you after camo might want to have a look, so here is the link...

LWS Supplies, Grimsby!

I cannot believe what he charging!

Those suits are ex MOD NBC Suits. They are charcoal lined, and to be perfectly honest totally crap.

Your much better off looking in an Army Surplus Store and getting British DPM Combat 95 trousers and one of the smocks. You can pick them up for a very good price.

Andy.

Why are they crap? Please tell me, they sound a great deal!

Edited to say, I also thought it was ABC, or have I been reading too much 2000 AD when I was young?

Further edit: Besides the charcoal layer should help with scent surpression surely?

Edited by secretagentmole

Still undecided if I should order one of these or not, I still do not know why they are crap! Seems OK to me, in these weather conditions sounds ideal, polyamide, silicon coated waterproof outer, should not make too much noise, I have the benefit of a major road 200 feet from my permission so background noise is relatively high, so that reason has gone tata! Has a hood that does up like a balaclava, point in favour, camo pattern, point in favour, plenty of pockets, point in favour, shower proof, point in favour, charcoal inner should help with scent supression, point in favour those these rabbits are fairly used to human contact due to the horses down there), adjustable for little 5 foot 8 inch fools with short legs, point in favour, jacket multi adjustable another point in favour! I can see more pros than cons!

Still undecided if I should order one of these or not, I still do not know why they are crap! Seems OK to me, in these weather conditions sounds ideal, polyamide, silicon coated waterproof outer, should not make too much noise, I have the benefit of a major road 200 feet from my permission so background noise is relatively high, so that reason has gone tata! Has a hood that does up like a balaclava, point in favour, camo pattern, point in favour, plenty of pockets, point in favour, shower proof, point in favour, charcoal inner should help with scent supression, point in favour those these rabbits are fairly used to human contact due to the horses down there), adjustable for little 5 foot 8 inch fools with short legs, point in favour, jacket multi adjustable another point in favour! I can see more pros than cons!

PM sent mate.

Andy.

Just had a reply to a PM from Andy, he says that they are pretty stiff when new, they are also not totally waterproof, seeing as he has over 20 years experience with the clobber I must nod my head to his far superior knowledge! He reckons that DPM is much better!

definately a no-no for the "noddy" suit in my opinion, not unless you wanna seat ya t*ts off and end up black in the process....lol

Ask yourself why he's selling them off cheap..... cos noone wants them as theyre crap and only fit for one purpose.....chemical warfare!

Darryl

Updated to day the mother had to go to Grimsby to see her uncle who is in hospital there, on the way back she conspired with the wife and called into the seller and picked a suit up for £4! Seeing as he did not have the hassle to wrap it up and post it he did a whacking great discount, yep the charcoal comes off but I go hunting in crap old clothes anyway, not that stiff once you get them on, not noisy at all (certainly quieter than my blasted coat), DPM 90 camo pattern, and at £4 these are dispoable so will tried it out with a bouncing Biggles. kept me warm in the 4 degrees heatwave we are currently enjoying, so might give them a go on the permission tomorrow!

Just remember folds, unless you want to look like a barbecue test pilot wear old clothes under them lol!

Edited as mole is suffering fingers of clay again!

Leave em in the garden over night, kick em around the grass and mud a bit.

Thats the first thing I do with anything new, hunting clothes wise anyway.

Obviously a t.v would not get the same treatment.

Never wash them unless you cant get the b.o out by thrashing them around the garden, even then only wash without detergent ect, then when clean, yep you guessed it, kick em around the garden again and leave em out there to get aired off.

For me masking sent is equal if not more important than camo.

.atb. .ste.

Edited by rossi_j

Leave em in the garden over night, kick em around the grass and mud a bit.

Thats the first thing I do with anything new, hunting clothes wise anyway.

Obviously a t.v would not get the same treatment.

Never wash them unless you cant get the b.o out by thrashing them around the garden, even then only wash without detergent ect, then when clean, yep you guessed it, kick em around the garden again and leave em out there to get aired off.

For me masking sent is equal if not more important than camo.

.atb. .ste.

A good splash of Old Spice does me :laugh: