Camouflage

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wore it to the permission, no bunnies about, think it was too cold and they had a new horse in so that might have unsettled them! So laid down and did a bit of target shooting. Ground was very damp and I had a bit of strike through (you lay down on damp grass for a couple of hours). Ambient temperature was around Diana Ross - 3 degrees, trouble was I was bleeding boilng, had to unzip the top, whew. Tried crawling in it, quiet, crouching in it, quiet, walking in it, quiet. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow, made sure she was zeroed in to 30 yards for sure now, so one advantage!

These suits are great, no problem now, the inner liner is really flexible and has a hidden bonus, the charcoal layer will stop your smell reaching bunnies! It is designed to neutralise gas and your scent is a gas, the hood makes an instant face hiding balaclava! For £4 my mother has got a right bargain! When she goes to see her uncle she is getting me another couple of suits so I can muck about trying to remove a liner, to make summer camo!

• 2 weeks later...

Update, mother went up to see her uncle last Friay and came back with another couple of these suits. Buoyed by a bottle of Broadside I set about removing the charcoal liner! I did not cut the liner where velcro straps and braces were attached, but the liner came out. Consequence, I have a summer set of camo and a winter set of camo!

Further update: After last hunting trip I stood by a Leylandii hedge and waited for Mrs Mole to collect me, Mrs Mole drove right past me as she could not see me and forgot where the permission was, Mole exits into road and starts jumping up and down waving arms frantically to get her attention, flashing cap light, the works, makes mental note, for further post sunset collections will ensure cap light is on so I am at least visible!

webby mate id just order one if i were you...is the arms standard one size fits every on these suits...im shure i could get to of me in the trousers. no joke...im a 30" waist so a little behind your good self but i bet there is well over a foot of extra room in there....

try and get you self a zip up top version rather than the pull over as there a little bigger and shoud if even the most ... achm....bigger boned of us...

hope it helps you a little pal..

Andy