How much can you get for a rabbit?

tote

The sun came up unfortunately and ruined it for me . . . I had no idea how many I had in the game larder until I gutted them all in the morning. I had a brace of foxes and a couple of hares as well if I remember right. I have the photos here somewhere, I will dig them out and post them.

OTC

Nice one, get em up ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Strange isn't it we cannot get 50p for a rabbit yet the organic food industry is worth absolute millions, and growing?

People are paying fortunes for food grown without chemical fertilizers and meat produced without a cow eating her best mate,

We come to the rabbit, a source of organic meat that is in abundance and yet free from chemicals, is able to grow a coat and able to turn around in its eviroment,but sadly times have changed unless your rabbit portions are offered on a polystyrene tray and covered with cling film people aren't going to give it a second look.

Man's introdution of Mixamatosis left a legacy that remains to this day to omit rabbit from many menus. Its part and parcel of the continuing divide between ruralists and urbanites,so called animal lovers who think birds sleep in nests indoctrinating bairns with shite like potter etc.

No one will promote the culinary virtues of this wild animal, I'm throwing my rubber chicken to my Patterdale!

NETFULL. :no:

£1.50 a-piece for clean netted or wired rabbits, 50p for shot ones, all gutted.

As a young keeper I once shot 990 from the landrover one night, thinking I was going to be rich. The game dealer took one look at them all and offered me £30 as he couldn't cope with the quantity :cry:

OTC

Bloody heck would love to see that many bunnies :clapper:

Down here pubs will pay £1 a rabbit done off, met a bloke recently through stalking reckons hell take as many as i can get,gutted and frozen, a quid each, hes got a stall in a london market where he sells game. After reading dougies post i can see why he is willing to drive all the way down here. :hmm:

Down here pubs will pay £1 a rabbit done off, met a bloke recently through stalking reckons hell take as many as i can get,gutted and frozen, a quid each, hes got a stall in a london market where he sells game. After reading dougies post i can see why he is willing to drive all the way down here. :hmm:

the local butch offered me £1 each gutted i told him wear to stick it lol.