Jagd terrier

Hello all,

I am looking to get a Jagd terrier pup from Germany hopefully. does anyone know of a contact in Germany that could help in getting a well bred pup from proven working stock? Also does anyone know the quarantine procedures to get a dog from Europe to Ireland?

Hello all,

I am looking to get a Jagd terrier pup from Germany hopefully. does anyone know of a contact in Germany that could help in getting a well bred pup from proven working stock? Also does anyone know the quarantine procedures to get a dog from Europe to Ireland?

heard a rumour this evening that there were several have been imported already and to expect to see some at shows in ireland this summer :hmm: as a few lads now have them apparantly!

• Like 1

if you wanna best jgdt find some in Serbia, Croatia Slovakia, Hungary, Czech...they re not expensive and import dg to UK it s not a such a big deal.

i know some one who breeds them from serbia, they are used on everything if you want i will pm you details.

• Like 1

Hello all,

heard a rumour this evening that there were several have been imported already and to expect to see some at shows in ireland this summer :hmm: as a few lads now have them apparantly!

Remember seeing them advertised in the buy n sell a couple of year back .An english diging man living in the tullomore area had them.

Guest dee mac

there mkight be enough breed strains and lines over here but some of the people on here who have the best digging stuff wont sell anybody a pup unless you are in there click .. all the best with your search buddy

and thats why they have the best digging stuff because they keep it tight and are not interested in money the quality of working dogs in uk and eire is a lot better than anything to offer in europe yes there is some great working dogs in europe but they aint no better than whats over here already and woottonsheart if you want too get into digging seriously then you got to earn the right and trust of the genuine lads before you ll be in a position too recieve a dog or pup off them this thing of wakening up saying i fancy a bit of digging then going round the place buying other peoples st1t of dog dealers and other low lifes is the reason there is so much sh1t about in first place try and get a few well bred pups and take your time and you ll get there in the end rome was nt built in a day .
  • Like 1

It is curious that you over there, who have invented the terrier and still use it, need to import terriers from the continent now. You must have good ones at home, specially fit for your purpose.

Try and take a decent one then, a small one for digging, most are too big and most are used for the wild pigs in Germany. Many are too hard for their own good but some are not hard enough. They also tend to be a bit agressive to people and other dogs, but not always. Some of them are inobedient by nature and hunt far and independently and don't come back on command. Many rather bolt a fox than stay with it, they are being selected for that, since on the continent, the guns want the fox to bolt and then shoot, they don't want to dig.

The nose of the Jagd is fantastic, like a hound's, and they speak to warm lines.

Often, the Jagds are high strung and noisy in kennels. They are supposed to be quiet and balanced but many are not.

The breed also have some hereditary problems, they are rather inbred.

I live on the continent and have crossed my Jagdterriers with British working terriers to improve them...I wanted a terrier with the nose of a jagd and the size and quiet disposition of the English working terrier.