Height/Weight ratio.

. Maybe a lot of folk dont have a scooby of their dogs weight, but then how do you know to feed / worm them proper etc..

You shouldn't need to weigh a dog to know it's at it's proper weight, your eyes should be able to tell you all

you need to know, if they can't you've got a problem.

Just for you I've weighed my dog he's 24" tall and weighs 51lb.

He's 3/4 grey/ 1/4 collie X whippet/ [3/4 grey 1/4 collie].

P1040450.jpg

I fully agree with regards to condition mate, but when it comes to worming, you need to know weight in order to give an effective dosage.

I'll be very honest with you mate. I just said it to goad folk into responding. Sorry. . . . but it worked. Haha. Trust me what i said will be niether the most insulting or stupidest thing on here . . . . :thumbs: No need to argue over nothing.

To be fair mate you did say how would you know how to feed / worm them proper etc and as I've answered if anyone doesn't know when a dog needs a bit more or a bit less it's maybe time they didn't have a dog. Well that seems to be the opinion of some in the ferret section. Regarding worming, you don't need to know the dogs exact weight to worm it effectively, again if you can't judge the weight of your dog to within 2-3lb either way your eyes can't be working the way they should.:thumbs:

'll be very honest with you mate. I just said it to goad folk into responding. Sorry. . . . but it worked. Haha. Trust me what i said will be niether the most insulting or stupidest thing on here . . . . :thumbs: No need to argue over nothing.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

20" collie x 1/4 beddie,3/4 whippet 33lbs runs hard all year and rarely drops an pound. bitch   26" collie/grey bullwhippet 50lbs. dog   pair together, completely different running styles

Posted Images

weight can be maintained or varied to suite what people hunt my old dog was nearly 27tts and weighed 85lb this was the weight they kept him at and used him at as he needed the extra weight.

I took 22lb of that dog and ran him at 63lb for 3 years solid but my main quarry was different fom what they used him for .

. Maybe a lot of folk dont have a scooby of their dogs weight, but then how do you know to feed / worm them proper etc..

You shouldn't need to weigh a dog to know it's at it's proper weight, your eyes should be able to tell you all

P1040450.jpg

I fully agree with regards to condition mate, but when it comes to worming, you need to know weight in order to give an effective dosage.

I'll be very honest with you mate. I just said it to goad folk into responding. Sorry. . . . but it worked. Haha. Trust me what i said will be niether the most insulting or stupidest thing on here . . . . :thumbs: No need to argue over nothing.

To be fair mate you did say how would you know how to feed / worm them proper etc and as I've answered if anyone doesn't know when a dog needs a bit more or a bit less it's maybe time they didn't have a dog. Well that seems to be the opinion of some in the ferret section. Regarding worming, you don't need to know the dogs exact weight to worm it effectively, again if you can't judge the weight of your dog to within 2-3lb either way your eyes can't be working the way they should.:thumbs:

'll be very honest with you mate. I just said it to goad folk into responding. Sorry. . . . but it worked. Haha. Trust me what i said will be niether the most insulting or stupidest thing on here . . . . :thumbs: No need to argue over nothing.

That being the case this topic just shows you for what you are.:thumbdown:

Why would you feel the need to goad folk on an internet forum.:hmm::wallbash:

P1040450.jpg

Jesus lighten up.

'just shows you for what you are?' :laugh:

Perhaps goad was a little emotive. But my comment did lead to many more pics, but perhaps just coincidence. I was honestly just interested in the varying weights peoples dogs run at, for different and the same breeds/x's.

I would also stand by my comment that its handy to know your dogs weight in order to worm it etc properly. I was not rude to you in any way was i when i suggested that?

Of course if i was a better dog man then i would not need to know weights and measures but would be able to judge how heavy an animal is by eye? :blink:

Didn't mean for you to get your knickers in such a twist. If what i say/said winds you up that much, you must really burst a blood vessel reading most of the other posts/comments.

Anyway like i said earlier, we could be novel and try not to resort to childish insults over nothing. . . . o wait, you and ss already did . . . . . perhaps that shows YOU for who YOU really are :thumbdown:

P1040450.jpg

Jesus lighten up.

Perhaps goad was a little emotive. But my comment did lead to many more pics, but perhaps just coincidence. I was honestly just interested in the varying weights peoples dogs run at, for different and the same breeds/x's.

I would also stand by my comment that its handy to know your dogs weight in order to worm it etc properly. I was not rude to you in any way was i when i suggested that?

Of course if i was a better dog man then i would not need to know weights and measures but would be able to judge how heavy an animal is by eye? :blink:

Didn't mean for you to get your knickers in such a twist. If what i say/said winds you up that much, you must really burst a blood vessel reading most of the other posts/comments.

Anyway like i said earlier, we could be novel and try not to resort to childish insults over nothing. . . . o wait, you and ss already did . . . . . perhaps that shows YOU for who YOU really are :thumbdown:

Talking about childish insults, this was in your reply to SS,- " In school? Of hunting dick head!":hmm:

Perhaps you could practise what you preach?

weight can be maintained or varied to suite what people hunt my old dog was nearly 27tts and weighed 85lb this was the weight they kept him at and used him at as he needed the extra weight.

I took 22lb of that dog and ran him at 63lb for 3 years solid but my main quarry was different fom what they used him for .

there ya go a man who knows . atb bunnys

P1040450.jpg

Jesus lighten up.

Talking about childish insults, this was in your reply to SS,- " In school? Of hunting dick head!":hmm:

Yes it was a childish retaliation written in a bleary haze at the end of a fairly civil reply, before ferreting this morning, after receiving a page of abuse for suggesting that weighing a dog might be handy :icon_eek: it was uneccessary, but please lets drop this tit for tat bullshit, it aint going anywhere. I apologize if i upset you. Lets all be friends :drinks::thumbs:

P1040450.jpg

Jesus lighten up.

Yes it was a childish retaliation written in a bleary haze at the end of a fairly civil reply, before ferreting this morning, after receiving a page of abuse for suggesting that weighing a dog might be handy :icon_eek: it was uneccessary, but please lets drop this tit for tat bullshit, it aint going anywhere. I apologize if i upset you. Lets all be friends :drinks::thumbs:

You've not upset me mate, I'm too old in the tooth to get upset about something that's been written on an internet forum.:no:

Your giving your opinion on a subject and I'm giving mine, just because they're not the same doesn't mean we've fell out or we've upset, just sharing

differing views.

When I first came on this site I was surprised at the number of fall outs there were and most ended with the combatants hurling abuse at each other, dick head, cnut, twat etc etc.

Couldn't for the life of me see where that got them, as at the end of the day all they've got infront of them is a screen :icon_eek: So whereas I'm quite prepared to have an opinion on a subject and share/debate it with someone wether we agree or disagree It'll not end up with me name calling, just don't see the point in it.

So to you Jai.:drinks:

P1040450.jpg

Jesus lighten up.

You've not upset me mate, I'm too old in the tooth to get upset about something that's been written on an internet forum.:no:

Your giving your opinion on a subject and I'm giving mine, just because they're not the same doesn't mean we've fell out or we've upset, just sharing

differing views.

When I first came on this site I was surprised at the number of fall outs there were and most ended with the combatants hurling abuse at each other, dick head, cnut, twat etc etc.

Couldn't for the life of me see where that got them, as at the end of the day all they've got infront of them is a screen :icon_eek: So whereas I'm quite prepared to have an opinion on a subject and share/debate it with someone wether we agree or disagree It'll not end up with me name calling, just don't see the point in it.

So to you Jai.:drinks:

:thumbs: