MUNTJAC SPREADING THEM SELVES ABOUT

Over the last few years i have noticed muntjac and roe are coming closer into the cities, i live in a fairly biult up area its not too far from country side well what you could call countryside and of lately there has been a great increase in muntjac and of have saw the odd roe lately and in the past theres a small bit of waiste land not far from me and it does hold the odd muntjac on it i know this is strange to some people but i was just wondering if any body else lives by the city and has spotted deer not far or has saw them in places that you wouoldnt expect to see them :thumbs:

Over the last few years i have noticed muntjac and roe are coming closer into the cities, i live in a fairly biult up area its not too far from country side well what you could call countryside and of lately there has been a great increase in muntjac and of have saw the odd roe lately and in the past theres a small bit of waiste land not far from me and it does hold the odd muntjac on it i know this is strange to some people but i was just wondering if any body else lives by the city and has spotted deer not far or has saw them in places that you wouoldnt expect to see them :thumbs:

When i say the odd one il be honest there are actually flurishing ive saw quite a few does and bucks so its obvious they are breeding and they do move about alot i have spotted them in quite a few different spots not far from me, i think its great to see them

had the dog flush one from cover not 300yards from the main town center from a little copse on a bit of waste ground,iv seen more during the day this last week or so than at any other time, feeding on the motorway verges as well as out in the fields,im not sure if there is a large increase in the numbers or because of the grey overcast weather we have had lately they seem to really favour these conditions :thumbs:

had the dog flush one from cover not 300yards from the main town center from a little copse on a bit of waste ground,iv seen more during the day this last week or so than at any other time, feeding on the motorway verges as well as out in the fields,im not sure if there is a large increase in the numbers or because of the grey overcast weather we have had lately they seem to really favour these conditions :thumbs:

Ive had the same thought mate ive saw that many lately and i saw too roe the other day not too far from mine grazing on a field have saw roe there in the past but they these 2 seemed quite settled and have been spotted there a few times now :thumbs:

Ive had the same thought mate ive saw that many lately and i saw too roe the other day not too far from mine grazing on a field have saw roe there in the past but they these 2 seemed quite settled and have been spotted there a few times now :thumbs:

were did you say you lived again mate :D

We had the odd munty local to me, i say odd as iv'e only seen three in the last four years, but no doubt they will increase, i too have seen munties in urban areas, year before last year saw a pair feeding at the side of the motorway qeueing for crufts. Deer are much more adaptable than we think, had roe in the garden at my old house.......

We had the odd munty local to me, i say odd as iv'e only seen three in the last four years, but no doubt they will increase, i too have seen munties in urban areas, year before last year saw a pair feeding at the side of the motorway qeueing for crufts. Deer are much more adaptable than we think, had roe in the garden at my old house.......

That's a bit mad cuss exactly where ya would have been queuing is exactly where this topic originates weird

were did you say you lived again mate :D

:D

near me the deer move between a block of flats. (the flats are only 4 floors) they cross out of the park across the road between the flats and into another park a few hundred meters away. its funny seeing them in between flats. the second park they go is small and mainly a kids play area.

the mother in law watches them walk 5 feet from her kitchen window.

Yep where i am on about seeing the muntys isnt all that far from there simo,saw a big buck not far from the nec knocked over the other night when i was out lamping cracking looking buck as well shame he met his end by a motor vehicle but thats the way it goes,could of thought of a few better ways he could of met his end :whistling: