am i the only nutter out there

I have never really got used to sleeping at night i wored nights untill 12 months ago, & i find i have to be dead on my feet to drop off, i can manage on around 4 hours sleep a day , thats why i am on the bloody pc at 3am most mornings, as i have tried to sleep & keep him awake fidgeting in bed so i come back down stairs :laugh:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't help with me having a wife who wear's long johns for bed and Farts and Belches all the time, I would'nt mind but she always has her back to me when she lets one Rip :laugh:...

I'm fecked if I can sleep either! I'm racing around in my mind I can never relax! I can even be in a conversation with someone and forget what I was saying cause something else popped into my head, I'm sure my next move will be to Funny farm........

It doesn't help with me having a wife who wear's long johns for bed and Farts and Belches all the time, I would'nt mind but she always has her back to me when she lets one Rip :laugh:...

I'm fecked if I can sleep either! I'm racing around in my mind I can never relax! I can even be in a conversation with someone and forget what I was saying cause something else popped into my head, I'm sure my next move will be to Funny farm........

Long johns :laugh::laugh: does it put you off :laugh::laugh:

it's not just after lamping with me... for a long while i was known as "the girl who doesn't sleep", because i can stay up for two or three nights, especially if i've got a bottle of jd....

i'm working a 3-midnight shift at the mo', and it's a bugger of a job to fall asleep, can take me an hour or two. i get home at quarter past midnight, i don't take me boots off til gone 1, rounding the cats up to feed them, walking the dog, getting wood in... then i'm up til 4am, cos i'm not tired. by rights i should be in bed now, cos i've got an early start tomorrow. i've got into the bad habit of staying up late, getting up late.

it also doesn't help that i've got a fair bit of shit going on in my life at the mo', not gonna bore you all with it but i get into bed & my brain is still racing, i have a hell of a time unwinding. it's got so bad that i got a ticking off from my dentist for being too stressed, cos i've been grinding my teeth in my sleep & making my gums bleed. the only thing that knocks me right out is having a little "jazz cigarette", puts me out cold, but without any of the nasties that come with sleeping tablets. and i can still wake up when i'm supposed to, without being all groggy.

try a hardback copy of "War and Peace". whack yourself round the head with it a few times, that should do the trick...

i'm guessing when you get into bed you're still replaying all that happened while you were out, thinking what could have gone better, what you need to do with the dogs, that kind of thing? you need to do something to get it out of your head. try writing down what you're thinking about, it can really help. get as much down as quick as you can, don't worry about the handwriting, cos you can throw it away in the morning. that should help get it off your mind.

i know it sounds pretty wimpy, but yoga is actually really good for unwinding. not that you have to be able to get your leg behind your head or anything, just the breathing. in through the nose for 5, out through the mouth for 5. really concentrate on it. a couple of minutes of that, and you'll be nicely mellowed out. works a treat.

i remember reading somewhere that 8 hours isn't the ideal amount of sleep for a human; about 4-7 hours is best. people who sleep for 7 hours or less live longer!

Edited by Ossie

sleeping - no problem

getting to sleep - fecking awful

although sometimes i feel really tired, its still a ballache getting to sleep!

EXACTLY!!! Now I can prove to Mrs Misty that it's not just me :D

It may take a little more convincing. It usually does :)

Edited by spike
  • 5 months later...
please tell me i am not the only one with this problem.

every time i go lamping i get home feed the dogs have a wash

and straight to bed even tough i just went for a couple of runs and was home for

eleven i cant for the life of me sleep as my mind does be racing .

and having to be up at six the later it becomes the harder it gets.

was after three getting to sleep watching the four walls and work came to a

head today over lates.

some times it can happen when i dont even bring my own dogs still the same.

love lamping even the bad nights and i have had a couple this season alone

have me like this as i always enjoy it even if there is nothing in the bag.

this is something that i have to live with a long time now.

do be wrecked from lack of sleep but not really the hunting part.

not a big problem but was just wondering has anyone else had this problem after lamping :(

Get home at 11 :haha:

We didnt start lamping till 1 in the morning, got back home just in time to put the dogs in and get to work for 8...Battery was put straight on charge in case it was a good night that night, got a few hours kip after work, (sometimes). Walked around all day in a trance at times..Once had six hours sleep in 3 days because of windy nights in my younger days...and I know, your going to think Im kidding :no: but Im not

dohope you old b****KS

it took six months for you to pull me on that one :clapper: .

i am getting better i stay out till half eleven some times :D .

its not my fault it took you that long to catch the odd rabbit. :thumbs::clapper:

only do the late nights when i finish at ten.

have you got your self any more dogs yet?

macker

As soon as my head hits the pillow I'm out like a light, and I sleep very heavily, f**k all wakes me up apart from when my kids were babies. I'd sleep lightly then and I would only sleep for a few hours before waking up.

Now they're not babies I sleep heavy again and even slept through the mini earthquake we had a few years back lol. I could quite easly get my head down outside aswell, I could make a comfortable bed to kip on out of a bag of spanners me.

Guest Ditch_Shitter
I have never really got used to sleeping at night i wored nights untill 12 months ago, & i find i have to be dead on my feet to drop off, i can manage on around 4 hours sleep a day , thats why i am on the bloody pc at 3am most mornings, as i have tried to sleep & keep him awake fidgeting in bed so i come back down stairs :laugh:

Dropped an 'h' there, love :whistling:

working nights and getting in at 5am ish, puter till 6am ish, then straight to sleep,

problems start on my nights off, fri and sat, cos me body clock is all arse about face and I wanna stay awake all night, rather then revert back to normal time and go to bed at night

but getting to sleep is easy then, and no one has said it yet

shag the other half

roll over and fart

sleeeeeeep

easy :clapper:

Im the opposite :laugh: I cant sleep properly if theres a man in my bed :laugh: I think its cos I have spent so much time on my own I cant adjust to sharing my bed when I have a partner. The last guy I went out with we tried living together at the start, we tried him staying over here, and me sleeping at his place and neither worked, I used to toss and turn and eventually after an hour or two of lying wide awake listening to him snoring, I would get up and go home to bed if I was his place, or get up and sleep on the couch if at mine :doh: The final straw came when my neighbour set the house on fire and my house went on fire as well :icon_eek::doh: trying to wake him up to tell him the fire brigade were coming in to bust a hole in the wall to put a hose into the chimney was like trying to wake the dead. After I realised he was absolutely feckall use to me in a crisis and I was never going to be able to share a bed with him due to his snoring, I sent him packing back to his place and that was that :D I think it would take me a very long time to adjust to sleeping with someone again if I ever have another relationship :laugh:

Edited to add good advice from Molly there, unwinding and destressing after a busy day/night is the key to a good nights sleep :thumbs:

Edited by SJM