Few pics of farm collies

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just a few pics of the dogs at the farm i go to.. i was intending taking landscape pics up there but the young dog Max had other ideas .. a couple of pigs as well   They just dont switch off these

Thanks for the reply's folks :thumbs:

Posted Images

Great photos as usual Kay. Some of the greatest sights (and dog work) i've seen is folk working multiple collies in the hill country. I.e Cumbria, or the scottish/welsh hills. Watching 2 or 3 dogs work the wild sheep on those vast, steep expanses of land is something else. In wales they teach the dogs to run in and hold the sheep on command so they can be checked over.

They are all very good but the last two in particular really shine. They stand out as something special. :yes: I like the first one as well. What camera do you use?

I use a canon 1000d & I used a 75 / 250 lens to take most of them .. all i did after taking the origonal pic was mess with the shadow & highlight slider in picasa :thumbs:

I have been practicing with the manual setting on this camera so some of the pics were quite dark anyway to start with as i havent quite got to grips with manual yet :laugh:

gonna hijack this thread to post couple of pics of my own breed farm collies; sky, my current bitch, just started training and hopefully will come up to trial standard so she can be registered on merit (apologys for picture quality)

post-45924-0-82334200-1297688379_thumb.jpg

and skys dam holly (RIP)

post-45924-0-17545700-1297688398_thumb.jpg