Mk3 ferret finder

How do we rate the latest Deben Mk3, the type with the magnetic switch????

Im struggling with mine.

The collar has been back to deben and changed once and now the receiver goes crazy when i try and locate with it

It makes an annoying BREEE noise,

Iv rung deben and was told it was interference due to flat batteries, (They were new the day before)

Im going to try new ones today and see if its any better.

If not its off back AGAIN

How come B&F get it right for the terrier boys but Deben f**k up an easier task? Its only 16' for fucks sake.....

What do you lads think?

I must just be unlucky then.

Like i said my first collar packed up after very little use and it seemed to be playing up again.

But now with the second set of new batteries all round everything seems hunky dory.

Perhaps my first lot of batteries were old stock??

never had any problems with mine mate been using it about 3 seasons nie :thumbs: that noise your discribing does sound like the batterys dying more and likely in the reciever than the collar duracel are the best batteries to use for the reciever last for longer and dont die as quick :thumbs:

i bought 2 before xmas both ok i would not go back to old stuff mate bought 1 dodgy collar sent back :doh:

as deben say

the unique receiver circuit is Designed both to detect the signal transmitted by the collar and to reject interference from elsewhere

the rabbit warrens now have tvs microwaves mobile phones electric cables above and below ground wireless pcs :whistling: :whistling:

Could be dodgy batteries pal.

Didn't mean to offend. Duracell 9v and silver oxide 394 for the collars should sort it.

Don't be tempted by shit batteries.

Liam

must agree steer clear of shit batteries the bargain ones off ebay if they sound to good to be true :whistling: they will knacker your collar get hold of sony ones if you can they last ages,one of my collars leaks power even though i turn it off i now have to remove the batteries,get yourself a battery tester for a couple of quid and you can keep an eye on power levels :thumbs: atb al

I have had a mk3 for a couple of years now and carnt fault them(excellent bit of kit)but i prefare the older grey collars that you open and shut to turn on and off to the magnetic switch ones.there more slim lined around the ferrets neck and i have heard of more people having problems with the magnetic ones.I have recently swoped two of my magnetic ones for two of my mates grey ones so im well happy :D