Mk3 ferret finder

my opinion is stick with rayovac batteries for the collar and duracell for the receiver also get a battery tester and check them before every outing but the cheap batteries for the collar could end up with you losing both the collar and the ferret so dont be tempted by cheap batteries as they are not worth it and i had that same problem when i first started using the mk3 but using the above batteries solved the problem and as someone has already said just learn to read the lights as i never use the sound either,,good luck

weres the best place to buy those sony batteries for the mk3m coller

I bought two seiko 394 from a watch place (actually my wife did, for me) because i needed them for the day after £15 for two......

I know we were ripped off.

So whilst i was on the phone to deben i asked about batteries.

I ordered 10 Rayovac off them for £12 posted And its cured the problem with mine.

• Like 1

Have to say ,I really rate the Mk3M

I have a Mk1 and have used it for years, I upgraded to the Mk3M and never looked back, I like the way it works and with a bit of practice it`s a superb bit of kit.

The Mk1 is in like new condition (looked after it) but still can`t bring mesell to sell it though!

The benifit of switching of the collars is worth the money on its own to me !! :thumbs:

must admit it's a good piece of kit ive even got used to the noise,i'm just a bit gutted that one of my mkm collars needs the batteries removing every time Ive used it,but then again i also have a mk3 collar that needs the batteries removed every time :hmm: ,one word of warning though DO NOT touch the batteries with yer fingers cos they will lose power get some plastic tweezers :thumbs:

I some times work 2 hobs together so decided to get a second collor so will the box pick up the 2 collors at the same time or will it pick up the nearest ferret first sorry its a M3 ferret finder what way will it work useing 2 collors

It'll pick up as many collars as you ask it to mate .... Get four or five going in a set and you can get a proper little disco going

ATB

I some times work 2 hobs together so decided to get a second collor so will the box pick up the 2 collors at the same time or will it pick up the nearest ferret first sorry its a M3 ferret finder what way will it work useing 2 collors

It'll pick up as many collars as you ask it to mate .... Get four or five going in a set and you can get a proper little disco going

ATB

ha ha bad enough with one thanks