Hares

No having a good at you steve.same as most every man to his own.But i do seem to remember reading.Some shooters refuseing to help in our fight against the ban.Wounder why :hmm: Maybe they like hares.:laugh:

Aye and I can remember some dogmen staying at home doing f**k all to help the cause too same as most of the fishermen and clay shooters and who ever else you care to mention :thumbs:

that sure looks like your after an argument dan. CAnt work out wether your for or against or on the fence..

That makes two of us,Oh And dan makes three :D

Edited by Catcher 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No justification to do something like this,even the worst of the worst in lurcher lads could never stoop to those standards,butchery in the name of sport.

course there would be! Rabbits are vermin pal! A hare isnt. It was the kings sport mate to run a dog on hare.. Feck me, at one time the rule was, you couldnt hunt hares on a sunday, now you can kill f

how the f**k can you not be allowed run your dog on say five hares in one day but you can shoot over 200, this country is f*****g backwards.

No having a good at you steve.same as most every man to his own.But i do seem to remember reading.Some shooters refuseing to help in our fight against the ban.Wounder why :hmm: Maybe they like hares.:laugh:

Aye and I can remember some dogmen staying at home doing f**k all to help the cause too same as most of the fishermen and clay shooters and who ever else you care to mention :thumbs:

that sure looks like your after an argument dan. CAnt work out wether your for or against or on the fence..

Definitely not after an argument but I wish lads would stop tarring all men who shoot with the same brush we are not the enemy here the anti's are who took OUR sport, Just to clarify though I don't/won't shoot hares never have never will much sooner see them run :thumbs:

Read my post.i said some not all.:thumbs:

cant undrstand why its on a ferreting section plus why numbers reminds me of the guys who used to come to scotland rabbiting they had presise numbers and pics to show amtuers in my eyes hunted along time never felt to put numbers on comps unless asked can remind big days but no big deal

I understand the need to cull certain animals with fire arms as an efficient means of dropping the population. This in particular applies to shooting foxes on the lamp / with N.V and with driving hares to shotguns. The countryside is a complex place and we have tampered with it in such a way that we are now forced to take a hand in things we would often rather not. All this i understand and i shoot to, but for me a gun is just a tool, for doing a job that needs to be done, it is not something to take great pride in using.. What i am trying to badly say is that while i dont look down on folk who have to carry out a necessary but unsavory job in the name of keeping the balance, i cannot help but feel a suspicion toward and a desire to greatly distance myself from anyone who takes great pride and wishes to flaunt in public their part in something that should be seen as a 'necessary evil'. :no:

• Like 1

maybe just a winde up but i do remeber the guys from doncaster lurcher club they came up to SCOTLAND andtook pics of rabbits and when at chatsworth bragged about it at that time i was full time rabbiting i used to chuckle at them as they were grown men and i was in my early twenties but had ben at the game from akid maybe some peole its a need to tell peole numbers , but if youve lived the life of riley made abuck or two less says the better at times ,been on hare shots years ago now i canrt remebe rthe last time i saw one localy ,be bete rnetting them and put to others bits of ground

Shoot all 'the feckers if it pisses the dog men off. They soon get bored of land with no hares on to run.

what i have all ways Wondered is where's the f*****g buzz from shooting things?i mean where's the excitement in it?

sport my arse,you my frend is a cock

• Like 3

what a waste of life :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: should have been shooting that was band. s**t like that makes me feel sick :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: was there any need to shoot that many ??? and they say its the lurcher men that are barbaric :wallbash: :wallbash:

'Barbaric'!!!!!!!!!..............ffs get a f*****g grip eh....... :wallbash::wallbash: If you dont agree then have your say but barbaric......i wonder about what kind of 'hunting community' we have on here sometimes.... :thumbdown:

I like to be open minded and sit on the fence... I've coursed hares, lamped them and shot them... I normally leave them unless a farmer wants them gone, some like them around the farm, others say everything needs to be controlled... I used to get more enjoyment watching a dog course old lepus than you will ever get pulling a trigger, but one form of control is legal and much more efficient than the other, although maybe not benefical for the hare itself...

If an estate can have a shoot and take 3000 a season, theres a serious hare problem, and they need balancing out if thats arable land...