Advice on getting permission

Hi

I Live Between Canterbury & Dover

and have been trying to get permission to shoot vermin on local

farms, golf couses and other areas, i used to have a good few farms in the past

that i lamped with the dog but this was a good 15 - 20 years ago, pre ban.

but due to personal reasons at the time i had to pack in, i also did a bit of metal detacting on a lot of land

always with permission. any way as i said at the begining i have tried old contacts and new farms in about

15 mile radius of where i live all face to face meetings, i know i may have missed the odd one or two places

but i have had no joy other than one farmer who took my details and said to call back in 6 months just so

i am a face to him, i did not think it would be this hard with what i thought was a good few contacts who know me

and now i ony do what is asked of me, i have got insurance with the 3ccc's up to 10 million witch they where all happy with

had some great chats with game keepers, groundsman, land owners. still no luck, i am a 50yr old who has never been in any trouble

did my time in the services, clean smart and i have to say good looking lol. i cannot work out why so many knock backs ???. from over 46 places

and as i said before not one of them giving me the get lossed, dont want to talk to your sort, every one of them where very plesant to talk to. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

:( :( :(

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Ray

I dont think there is any golden rule, its just being in the right place at the right time, five years I had been trying for doorstep permissions, not diddly squat, and Im a full time pestie with some of the big companies, loads of permissions an hour away, but that makes them pointless when you only have a few hours spare, then happened to ask a farmer that Id already asked multiple times, and got a yes, permission 15 minutes from home :toast:

so Id say, return visits, :thumbs:

that,s right their stubby , i keep asking them all the time if they say no , lol :laugh: they say o not you again, :hmm: after few knock backs they say go on then we see how it go,s :toast: .and that usely leed,s on to the next on to next farm . what im trying to say is don,t be a fraid to ask again and ALLWAY,S AND ALLWAY,S be polite . im sure it came soon for you RAYMAC. best of luck.

Edited by DERBOY

Hi

I Live Between Canterbury & Dover

and have been trying to get permission to shoot vermin on local

farms, golf couses and other areas, i used to have a good few farms in the past

that i lamped with the dog but this was a good 15 - 20 years ago, pre ban.

but due to personal reasons at the time i had to pack in, i also did a bit of metal detacting on a lot of land

always with permission. any way as i said at the begining i have tried old contacts and new farms in about

15 mile radius of where i live all face to face meetings, i know i may have missed the odd one or two places

but i have had no joy other than one farmer who took my details and said to call back in 6 months just so

i am a face to him, i did not think it would be this hard with what i thought was a good few contacts who know me

and now i ony do what is asked of me, i have got insurance with the 3ccc's up to 10 million witch they where all happy with

had some great chats with game keepers, groundsman, land owners. still no luck, i am a 50yr old who has never been in any trouble

did my time in the services, clean smart and i have to say good looking lol. i cannot work out why so many knock backs ???. from over 46 places

and as i said before not one of them giving me the get lossed, dont want to talk to your sort, every one of them where very plesant to talk to. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

:( :( :(

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Ray

I know the feeling I live local to you. I have some permission I have been shooting, ferreting around here for about 10 years it is very very difficult in this area of Kent to get permission. I really want to start rabbitng with a whippet but I cannot find the permission to allow it.

There is some shooting clubs around in kent to shoot on farms etc. for a price but they do not allow hunting with dogs.

If your in to duck & Geese shooting there is the Kent wildfowlers

• 10 months later...

Get cards printed offering free pest control ,then place a advert in a farming paper and take all that's offered to you even if it means travelling and give everybody a you speak to a card , You will find that you get calls even months later

• 4 weeks later...

It's a time thing, just keep knocking and talking to the right guys and it will come, before you know it you will have more land than you can manage, try going further a field thats what i did R-Valley is bloody hard to get

i was dead wooding some trees and the farmer came out asking us about our job etc, he nearly walked away and i just blurted out about getting permission and he just said yes straight away, he couldnt be happier, i went a month later for a scout around, and had good hunting ever since :)

Try try and try again. Its the only way some nuts you will never crack and some just take time. Revisit them and mention that they seamed very positive last time you spoke and you are just chasing things up again.

Type farm in search engine and on maps search of area. Phone phone and phone again!

All the best

Lee