Top 3 patterdale studs in America and europe

I just want to assure everyone that is NOT from the USA, that there ARE genuine terrier folk here that dont let money and ego get in the way or influence there dogs.

Few and far between, but there are definetly some around.

There are some that just love to watch there dogs work, and there are definetly GREAT dogs that are not known about by everyone and there mama.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish I knew the answer to which 3 are the best studs. I've got a good bitch that I would love for the best to be put over. lol Which dog is best is a matter of opinion.I haven't seen enough to say b

different strokes for different folks,if finding a coon in a barn full of hay is so easy a hole would be a piece of cake.lol i would hope to say they could stick there head in a hole and find one. whe

wasteing your time mate its all about money over there atb biza

Posted Images

I just want to assure everyone that is NOT from the USA, that there ARE genuine terrier folk here that dont let money and ego get in the way or influence there dogs.

Few and far between, but there are definetly some around.

There are some that just love to watch there dogs work, and there are definetly GREAT dogs that are not known about by everyone and there mama.

i hope your right mate cause after reading these posts it seems that a dog is judge on how it looks and the price of the dog both these things mean sh*t and i do believe that there are some decent lads over there with decent dogs that dont crave the ive got the best syndrome that more than likely have got decent stuff to them lads :thumbs: to the others that are trying to make a name for them selves :feck: atb biza

I did wonder if the earlier photos were of these stud dogs as youngsters.

Heres a photo of a boxfresh youngster....

P1010142-1.jpg

LOL

Edited by GD Waz

99% of the time us Americans ruin breeds of dogs, time and time again. Its a well known fact. 99% of Americans nowadays want a dog to look "cute" or "bad ass", they dont give 2shits about the dogs working ability.

Theres a small fraction of good honest dog folk here in the states.

I think it is the same whether on this side of the pond or that side of the pond. Even when it's not about money or a pissing match you get shite dogmen. Hound hunters are the worst around here. They don't catch squat but sure as hell their dogs are bred off of nite champ this or that. Having a face ripped to shreds also says little in my book. It could mean the dog works well. It could mean he was in many kennel fights. The dog that I had that looked the most "Bad-Ass" just kept picking fights with other dogs. He lost a lip here and an eye there. After the 3rd incident he was in the ground permanently. He wasn't a bad hunter but hell he wasn't good enough to put up with that kind of crap. He looked like the hardest working dog on my place. and for people who didn't know what's what were always impressed. "Oh wow! That dog is built! Look at the head on that dog!" so on and so on. I haven't even heard of any of the dogs so far named as the best studs. America is a big place. I hear about new terrier hunters all the time that I probably will never meet. Every hunter I have met likes something different. I know that nobody else looks for what I do - nobody I have met. That is why i just stick to myself and don't ask around for dogs very often. I know that other people like something different than I do and I'm not gonna get what I want from their yard. I appreciate every type of hunting and I don't care what people do with their dogs as long as they're trying to improve it. Whether I agree with the "improvements" they are making or not.

damn i must of ruffled a few feathers... o.k you got me all i have are show dogs never had there mouths on fur. 1st of all how many people have bought these high dollar pups? (i'm almost a millionaire from selling them)we have raised 18 pups from 3 litters over a span of 6 years... we have sold 4 pups for $300.00 to people i didn't know. we kept 4 of the 18.... so that means 10 pups were free to hunters. the choclate stud dog has been on roughly 150 coons before he contracted CHP(coon hound paralysis) for you on the other side of the pond... since you are so welled versed in coons. the red dog was 11 mo old in that pic, had seen maybe 1/2 dozen coons then, the blk/tan dog was around 2 yrs old in the pic maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 coons, 4 badgers, 1 bobcat, countless possums,a few ditch tigers, beaver,to many skunks,ect... i know he's not a rabbit chaser or a ratter like all the killers on that side of the world but he gets it done here, and if he would fit i guarentee he sure the hell would get it done over there.i can show you countless pics of him on game but can't on this site.

now on to my american's who think i'm blowin smoke up your ass... here is a open invite lets have a hunt, i'm usually not one to boast but lets go dog to dog and see. we will play find fit and finish. no help finding game, no wideing a hole, no dispatching game with a gun or club ,shovel whatever.we can hunt the ground or barns or pushpiles whatever.

cole, is walking a creek bank hard work for you? wether you open a barn door or walk for miles and miles the dog still does the work at my place.i know you prefer digging but your dogs go in holes in the hay don't they? lets do a experiment... while you set there thinking you have the ulitmate dog fart in your living room... can you smell it? i bet you can but it's kinda floatin around everywhere. now fart again only this time fart in a bag and stick it over your head, this is kind of like checking a tunnel, can you smell it better? be honest... i bet you can. yep hole hunting is pretty tuff. lol just more exercise for you and your dog.

o.k now that the rant is over let me have it... but in the end im' feedin mine and you feed yours.

p.s mosby you might be right these european dogs could be fence fighters... i don't know just like they have never been on a coon.

its money and my dcik is bigger than your dcik over that side from what i can gather there are some genuine lads but i think there few and far between .only test for a terrier is under ground full stop hunting coons in a barn is no test of a terrier no matter what way you look at it.plus running about setting up patterdale breeding databases and trying too convince them selves that there dogs are double bred this and double bred that.i ve actually spoken too lads that have owned and bred the dogs that these guys rave about and they have hardly more than mentioned there names not because they did nt rate them but they were more interested in there young up coming dogs and dogs that were being worked in the present dogs of yester year have left there influence but its the working dogs of now that matter most for the future.

:thumbs: The Ped guys are fecking funny Dee! :laugh:

its money and my dcik is bigger than your dcik over that side from what i can gather there are some genuine lads but i think there few and far between .only test for a terrier is under ground full stop hunting coons in a barn is no test of a terrier no matter what way you look at it.plus running about setting up patterdale breeding databases and trying too convince them selves that there dogs are double bred this and double bred that.i ve actually spoken too lads that have owned and bred the dogs that these guys rave about and they have hardly more than mentioned there names not because they did nt rate them but they were more interested in there young up coming dogs and dogs that were being worked in the present dogs of yester year have left there influence but its the working dogs of now that matter most for the future.

what .... and your not telling me that isn't the case back in the UK and Ireland , i'm from the UK and have lived in Ireland and your dilusional if you don't think that kinda bullshit go's on!!!

:wallbash:

Because i work barns and earths I would expect that any stud dog i was going to use to be versatile, so if he was primarily an earth dog i would still hope that he could hold his own in a barn, likewise a primarily barn hunting terrier should at least be able to put up a decent show to ground even if thats not the terriers main way of hunting,